acid

Discussion in 'General' started by cemergen, Feb 17, 2010.

1. cemergen

2. Patrick_elx

not an easy task. You will need to install at least FreePBX, elastix and other stuff.

The problem with the acid distrib is that they forked from an older asterisk version and they are still using zaptel and not dahdi to be compatible with app_rpt.

I tried to go the other way and recompile the missing app in an elastix install, but without real success either.

Now, I have an acid/asterisk running in separate mini computer that takes care of all radio stuff, and another real server for my phone app with a full elastix. Both server are linked via trunk for some interconnection.

3. cemergen

hello Patric
    could you explain more details how could you done?

4. Patrick_elx

step 1: install acid on computer 1 (or VM 1) and follow their setup
    step 2: install elastix on computer 2 (or VM 2) and read Elastix without tears
    step 3: create an IAX2 trunk between computer 1 and 2 (read IAX2 trunk in blog)

5. cemergen

step 1 complete (pc1) and step 2 complete. (pc2)
    i've add some sip peers to elextix. (pc2) also i've connected dingotel 2way adapter to pc2.
    i don't know how could i config dingotel on pc2
    is there i have to make any node ?
    sorry i'm very new on linux and this.
    thanks Patrick_elx

6. Patrick_elx

I don't have a dingotel, but if I understand well you need app_rpt and for that you will have to install it on pc1 (acid) not pc2 (Elastix).

The whole purpose of installing the acid distribution it's only to make it easier to have a working app_rpt & cie with the URI or dingotel firmware.

Then you link your pc2 with an IAX trunk to pc1.