Access to web gui step not listed

Discussion in 'General' started by boblefeb, May 29, 2009.

1. boblefeb

[​IMG]
    Please let me know what command to use to open the web gui. I am very new to linux and the "Elstix no tears" skips that step. I am starting to tear up with frustration.

2. torboy

On your screen it says
    Code:
    for access to Elastix GUI us this URL 
    http://192.168.1.120
    to open elastix GUI type that ip number in address bar for your favorite internet browser. if you get a warning you should ignore it.

all the standard user and password are list in page 16 of ELastix without tears

3. Patrick_elx

and you need to use your browser from an other computer on the same network. There is no browser on the elastix server.

4. netsfk

the default username and password are admin and palosant, and I recommend you use firefox you need flash

5. jgutierrez

user: admin
    password: palosanto

6. Bob

Bob

Boblefeb,

You will pleased to know that they have made a change in the next release, which will reduce some of the frustration. As I mentioned in the bug report, some new Elastix users (especially if they are Microsoft centric) not used to Linux Servers with Web Based GUI's, so the change might make it a little easier to understand what is required.

Code:
    Welcome to Elastix
    ----------------------------------------------------

To access your Elastix System, using a separate workstation (PC/MAC/Linux)
    Open the Internet Browser using the following URL:
    http://192.168.1.20
    Regards

Bob

7. Patrick_elx

great. It will solve some new user's frustrations ;-)

Bob, I haven't tested the new beta yet, but do you know if:
    - the latest sugarcrm release is included (and not the 10 versions old one included in 1.5?
    - asterisk is compiled with the app_rpt & radio_relax option?
    - fail2ban is installed by default?
    - Avantfax is part of the release?

8. Bob

Bob

Hi Patrick,

1) SugarCRM hasn't changed - still same version - However I believe VTiger has (5.0.3)
    2) doesnt show up in the application list (e.g. CLI> show application)
    3) fail2ban - had a quick look, doesn't appear so...
    4) No as far as I know, but Ramoncio's last entry on Avantfax RPM appears to function on 1.6beta. Just run the YUM line, load the AVANTFAX rpm, and it is working. (slight issue with Elastix Tab).

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but I think I understand where this release is heading.

The EPEL change is very worthwhile (probably not from an eye-candy point of view - but still significant). Getting some of these kernel panics sorted is very important, and hopefully (still to be tested) the Sangoma issues have been corrected.

Especially if a lot of ideas were taken onboard for the 2.0 release, the versions before it need to be solid, bugs removed, and it appears that is where it is headed...

Regards
    Bob