Access Elastix from Internet

Discussion in 'General' started by BEYOND REALITY, Aug 4, 2010.

1. BEYOND REALITY

Hi

I've successfully install Elastix in vmware in my PC, and I was able to create some extensions and I setup x-lite on some laptops and PCs connected to the network and I was able to ring some extensions.
    I have Thomson Gateway TG585 V7
    The IP of the Elastix box was 192.168.1.67.
    I've also setup DYNDNS, I have configured the Thomson to direct any 4569 port to the Elastix box.

I have some problem:
    1- When I tried to connect "Iphone - Fring" it gave me a messege that the username or password is incorrect, not that the Iphone is connected to the same network using WIFI.

2- When I access the DYNDNS domain I was able to access the THomson page but not elastix.

3- I tried to connect one x-lite softphone to the Elastix using the DYNDNS and it gave me "timeout error"

I hope that you can help with these things, if posiible setp-by-step.

Thanks

2. dicko

In the absense of being able to use IAX2 on your x-lite, (unlikely), I will point out that udp/4569 is for IAX2, you probably need udp/5060 for SIP (which most SIP clients like x-lite prefer to use :) ), udp/10000-20000 for rtp (the audio) and tcp/443 for https, (the web access) passed also.

Please search here for ports that need to be open and NAT'ted to your Elastix Box on your firewall. It is all explained in "Elastix Without Tears", there is a link to it in my signature.

You will also have to set up the sip_nat.conf to suit your DYNDNS published host, again this is all in E.W.T. and largely in a step-by-step fashion.

If you need an IAX2 phone try Zoiper

dicko

3. BEYOND REALITY

Thanks Dicko,

I am reading now E.W.T.

What about connecting Fring on Iphone while it is connected to the same network?

Thanks

4. dicko

Read the manual twice before you do the frou-frou stuff. It's about "walking before falling over". When you get EVERYTHING else working you will almost certainly know how to fix the pretty bits. :)

dicko

5. dingoland

Do you enter the static private ip address in proxy field of Fring ?

Regards