Abandoned by provider

Discussion in 'General' started by spidna, Jan 30, 2010.

1. spidna

I have been abandoned by a provider from Michagan who sold me a elastix pbx box with promised to provide phone number and helped get the phones to work. i have paid for the phone numbers and the services that does not work. somehow he could not get the phone incoming/outgoing calls to answer. he quickly told me the distance is the problem or some sort of code g27 is the problem, that he will get back with me or find someone locally here in Aurora Colorado to help so far no respond from him. secondly we have no phone service for a month now. i have put some much money into this just don't know what to do. i could dispute the charges through paypal and my bank for a service that does not work. any suggestions on how to get the phone working. i must admit that i don't know much about this system of pbx.

2. jtesta46

Before any advise would be helpful to you, you would need to know how the system works. There could be a thousand things causing your problems.

The first place to start would be to learn as much as you can about asterisk/elastix/freepbx and then you may be able to troubleshoot it yourself or at least you would then know a starting place on what component isn't working.

A good place to start learning would be to read Elastix Without Tears

http://elastixconnection.com/downloads/elastix_without_tears.pdf

If this is over your head you may also consider hiring a professional.

3. dicko

And to further support this project I suggest you go to

http://store.palosanto.com/index.php/support.html

if you need professional advice after reading "E.W.T."

p.s.

if you are using g729 you will need a license from Digium for it to work or go to Lithuania and get a stolen one :) use g711/ulaw instead.

Please publish the providers name to help prevent others from being scammed. Their BS is only exceeded by their incompetence