Aastra xml scripts

Discussion in 'General' started by igorek600, Aug 30, 2008.

1. igorek600

Did anybody port aastra xml scripts from trixbox? I love elastix but aastra xml script is grate for aastra phones. Where and how can I get info on porting the scripts? I tried adding trixbox repo to elastix and installing script but I get error as bad certificate on a phone startup

2. tpm

tpm

Hello

With the latest firmware from Aastra 2.3 ( July 2008 ),there is a new function

The HTTPS client on the IP Phones now support the validation of HTTPS certificates.

Note: Certificates that are signed by providers other than Verisign,
    GeoTrust or Thwate do not verify on the phone by default. The user can
    overcome this by adding the root certificate of their certificate provider to
    the use-provided certificate .PEM file.

This mean that you must have a valid certificate from these providers install on the server or you can not log in with https.

By default the certificate on a fresh elastix is not signed with Verisign GeoTrust or Thwate

2 solutions

- Do the login with http instead of https ( easier but less secure )

- Install the root certificate on the phone ( this is much harder and you must do it for each phone )

regards

3. ClearVoice Inc

These are the steps I follow to get it to work. You can also download the file below and I have a copy of the instructions as well as the required files to get it working. One the process is done Make sure you update the firmware on the phones and set them to factory default. Then you just have to press "Startup" on each phone and enter the extension number and voicemail passwords and they will auto configure. You can change the .perf files to customize the keys the way you like.

http://rapidshare.com/files/154756714/E ... s.rar.html

Install Elastix

Change Network Info

Change Host Name

Copy TrixBox.repo to /etc/yum.repos.d

Log in to Elastix GUI and go to PBX -> PBX CONFIGURATION and click on UnEmbeded FreePBX and update all of the modules in module admin

Follow the pages 4 - 6 in the Aastra-XML-Scripts PDF

Create Page Group

Program the System

Connect to the system with Putty or any ssh client and type the following

yum install mDNSResponder-util

yum install mpg123

yum install aastra-ipphone

wget ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/yum.trixbox. ... noarch.rpm

rpm -ivh --force aastra-xml-scripts-2.1.1-1.noarch.rpm

chmod -R a+rwx /tftpboot

chown -R asterisk.asterisk /tftpboot

yum install php-gd

cd /usr/src

make Changes to our phpagi.conf , Update Hostname and Mail Errors to fields

Use WinSCP to connect to the system and navigate to /etc/asterisk

rename the phpagi on the system to phpagi.backup

Copy over our phpagi

in Putty type the following commands

chmod -R a+rwx /tftpboot

chown -R asterisk.asterisk /tftpboot

setup-aastra-xml

Edit our aastra.cfg and update with the correct IP address

copy our aastra.cfg to /tftpboot with WinSCP and overwrite the old one

Customize .pref files by updating the ip addresses

copy our prefs to /var/www/html/aastra/asterisk

copy main.conf to /var/www/html/recordings/includes

Finish Programming
    add to vm options on each extension forcename=yes|forcegreetings=yes

4. igorek600

This is a grate how to!!!!!!!!!!!! works with charm, it would be nice to put this info in wiki, I think it would help a lot of people !!! Thank you for script.

5. donhwyo

Hi Thanks for this. I hope it makes it into the iso someday.

I don't understand this line.

Finish Programming
    add to vm options on each extension forcename=yes|forcegreetings=yes

Also in the download is a file with *.xlsx extension that I can't open. Anything interesting in there? I couldn't get it to work but I have been trying to do this myself so may hay a broken system before trying your method. I will reinstall and try fresh without other hacks. Have you done other hacks to your version?

Thanks again,

Don

6. ClearVoice Inc

The finish programming is just to finish doing whatever programming you have left for the pbx. Adding names etc. Nothing specific really.

The line to add to the voicemail options will force the user to go through a little setup wizard their first time logging into voicemail. It makes it easier on the user to set up their mailbox. there may be a better way but im still learning too. So far I just follow these steps and my installs go very smooth and easy.

The xls file is just an excel file with the same steps as above in it thats all. I update it as I find new steps I want to throw in when setting up a system. Thansk for the positive feedback all of you and thanks to everyone in this forum for all of the useful info.

7. donhwyo

Thanks for the explanation. Do you have the hudlite scripts installed? I am trying to get this to work with both and it seems one breaks the other or something seemingly unrelated goes south. Oh well I keep thinking it should work.

Don

8. vtofa

I followed the instructions and got it working. However, when I press any of the programmable buttons configured by the script, it says "Loading page..." for about 2 seconds. How would I make that delay go away?
    Thanks
    Tim

9. donhwyo

Ok I got this working with both aastra and hud lite. Threw in gnome gui too. You can skip the gui if you want. I left the aastra.cfg and *.prf files stock. They work fine with my Aastra 480 phones.

You can cut and paste lines into putty terminal from the txt file attached. Be careful and turn off word wrap if you are doing it from notepad. Also be careful around the echo lines creating files.

It worked for me your milage may vary.

I had to turn off https because I didn't know how to setup certificates on the phones. Anybody got a howto for that?

Looks like creating the /var/www/html/recordings/includes/main.conf.php file doesn't work. Its too complicated for echo. You will need to create it some other way. Maybe I can revise later or post a new version.

Revised file on page 3 of this thread.

Thanks,
    Don http://forum.elastix.org/old_files/generic_elastix_post_install.txt

10. ClearVoice Inc

Thanks alot ! I was wondering about getting a GUI on the server but another tutorial I followed didnt work. Also thanks for the info on turning off HTTPS. I have a client that has Aastra 5X series phones with the latest firmware and they keep resetting. Aastra tech support seems to think its a bug in the firmware locking up because of the HTTPS so i need to turn that off to test. Though I have 5 clients running the same setup and havent had a problem "Yet"

If anyone does need to run Https on the Aastra phones log into the web interface of the phone and goto

Network -> uncheck "Validate Certificates"

Be sure you are running the latest firmware as I don't think that option is there on earlier versions.

Again thanks donhwyo, this is the kind of stuff that I think really helps improve the end user experience. There are tons of guides for installing the asterisk OS but not many about configuring the system afterwards. And having everything in one clearcut guide instead of having to troll through a full manual every time really helps.Your awsome !

11. donhwyo

Thank you. I mostly followed your guide for the aastra part. This is the way open source is supposed to work. Every body does a little and we get a better product for all.

Just found out that you can type "advanced" at the install boot and get to a setup for raid.

Don

12. donhwyo

13. torontob

When trying to do "yum install aastra-xml-scripts" I get this:

Dependencies Resolved

=============================================================================
    Package Arch Version Repository Size
    Installing:
    aastra-xml-scripts noarch 2.1.1-1 trixbox 2.1 M
    Installing for dependencies:
    aastra-ipphone noarch 2.4.0-1 trixbox 27 M
    mDNSResponder i386 108.5-1 trixbox 70 k
    mDNSResponder-util i386 108.5-1 trixbox 86 k
    mpg123 i386 1.3.1-1.el5.rf trixbox 377 k

Transaction Summary
    Install 5 Package(s)
    Update 0 Package(s)
    Remove 0 Package(s)

Total download size: 29 M
    Is this ok [y/N]: y
    Downloading Packages:
    Running rpm_check_debug
    Running Transaction Test
    Finished Transaction Test

Transaction Check Error:
    file /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/user_login_out.agi from install of aastra-xml-scripts-2.1.1-1 conflicts with file from package freePBX-2.4.0-13
    file /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/agi-bin/user_login_out.agi from install of aastra-xml-scripts-2.1.1-1 conflicts with file from package freePBX-2.4.0-13

Error Summary
    -------------

I did add the trixbox repo, hence the package installing. I also updated FreePBX (unembedded) to latest 2.4. and then to Beta 2.5 but none helped. Please help me overcome this.

Thanks

14. donhwyo

Looks like aastra-ipphone.noarch 2.3.1-1 has been updated to 2.4.0-1.

You can search for the older file. It is to big to post here. I can chech more files if that doesn't work.

Don

15. torontob

Amazing. This should do the job if others are looking for this:

wget ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/yum.trixbox. ... noarch.rpm
    rpm -ivh aastra-ipphone-2.3.1-1.noarch.rpm

I will write back if something else is broken. Oh, actually now the Elastix version of FreePBX has all the extensions blank properties blank. But the unembedded version is fine. Hopefully it hasn't broken anything. Can I get the Elastix version back to working too? I did major update to 2.5 as mentioned in the guide.

16. donhwyo

Great hope it does what you are looking for.

Maybe some day Aastra will monitor forums here so we don't get harassed on trixbox forums. Or maybe get there own forums. B)

Don

I don't see why this would have caused a problem it is only firmware files for aastra phones in the /tftboot folder.

17. voipdog

TorontoB, When I get to step 18:
    yum install php-gd, it does it fine
    Step 19 says cd /usr/src, make changes to the phpagi.conf

Well phpagi.conf is not in /usr/src, any idea where that bad boy wnet?

thanks

voipdog

18. donhwyo

Try this at a command line change as needed.
    Code:
    echo "// example phpagi.conf

[phpagi]

#enable debuging
    debug=true

#use internal error handler
    error_handler=true

#mail errors to
    admin=youremail

#host name of this server
    hostname=elastix.yourdomain
    # temporary directory for storing temporary output
    tempdir=/var/spool/asterisk/tmp/

[festival]
    #path to text2wave binary
    text2wave=/usr/bin/text2wave

[asmanager]
    # server to connect to
    server=localhost

# default manager port
    port=5038

#username for login
    username=admin

#password for login
    secret=elastix456

[cepstral]
    #alternate text to speech engine
    swift=/opt/swift/bin/swift
    voice=David" > /etc/asterisk/phpagi.conf

Don

19. torontob

There is two phpagi that need to be changed (if I am not wrong). I used "locate phpagi.conf" and it turns out to be two:

/etc/asterisk/phpagi.conf
    /etc/elastix.asterisk/phpagi.conf

If "loccate phpagi.conf" doesn't work for you then first try: "yum install locate"

*** Make sure you make backups of the *.conf files to *.conf.bak just in case something goes wrong. Coming back to my problem FreePBX within Elastix got msessed up for me after the updates and install of the xml-script. Now, I have to use the unembedded version.

20. torontob

I also have a question. Is there anyway to monitor the tftp server status? I want to know exactly when Aastra phone grabs the file, which file it grabs, and does it fail or pass. On top of that, I want to know if Aastra phone actually saves the settings to it's own memory and if there is any way that I can download these *.cfg files from the phone back to the server?

Thanks