Aastra XML scripts 2.2.1 now available for Elastix

Discussion in 'IP Phones' started by aastra1, May 7, 2009.

1. aastra1

You already figured out that we spent the time to adapt the aastra XML scripts to Elastix 1.5.2 (32 bits OS).

Why is it interesting for me?

For those who are not familiar with the scripts, here is a simplified list of what the scripts can do for you:
    - Self-provisioning, when you plug an Aastra phone on the network, the phone automatically discovers the Elastix server and prompts the user for a username and password. After that, the phone is fully configured. Zero touch.
    - Server side DND and CFWD, you can now enable/disable DND and CFWD from the phone without using a star code, a LED will tell you if the feature is enabled
    - Visual Voice mail, access to your messages and configure your VM box without calling the mail box
    - Find-me follow-me configuration
    - ACD agent login/logout
    - ACD queues status
    - Presence
    - PBX Directory, speed dial
    - Visual parking lets you see who is parked and allows pickup
    - Meet-me conference manager

Basically they provide a bunch of end-user features as well as admin features.

Installation

From the console logged as root
    Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://65.205.71.13/2.2.1/install-aastra-xml-EL.x.gz
    gunzip install-aastra-xml-EL.x.gz
    chmod +x install-aastra-xml-EL.x
    ./install-aastra-xml-EL.x
    Then you need to run
    Code:
    setup-aastra-xml
    to create /tftpboot/aastra.cfg
    and then REBOOT the server

Also you have to install a patch which fixes bugs not identified during the beta tests
    Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://65.205.71.13/2.2.1/aastra-xml-scripts-2.2.1-patch-1.run
    chmod +x aastra-xml-scripts-2.2.1-patch-1.run
    ./aastra-xml-scripts-2.2.1-patch-1.run
    The installation script will also install the latest GA phone firmware (2.5.0).

Documentation
    A detailed documentation is available here.

Feedback
    Please use this thread to provide your feedback and questions as well as bug reports or requests for enhancements. We will be doing our best to respond quickly. But before you post questions please read the documentation, it is very detailed.

Enjoy!!

aastra1

2. raj

raj

It Works Just Great all the thing listen in the document are working fine and im so so impressed that i dont have enough words to express how thankful im to Aastra and the Elastix Developers and Elastix Community.

Just Great! Simply Superb!

Well Done Aastra!

3. Foltzenstein

Will this work for version 1.3-2?

4. aastra1

This has not been tested. the install script might have some issues which could be fixed also I think 1.3.2 did not have a tftp server.
    The scripts are designed for FreePBX 2.5 you might encounter issues with some advanced functions such as find-me follow-me.

Again not tested.

Sorry

aastra1

5. Foltzenstein

Thank you for your quick response. I will upgrade to 1.5.2 to save me from potential problems.

6. dicko

Just a gentle dig at aastra1 (and the hand that feeds him), the tftd is in fact in 1.3 but if you had a legacy Aastra phone it would likely not help as for example the 9133 is non DHCP compliant and couldn't find the server through DHCP even if it was there (and it was) and there is no intention of fixing that by Aastra (I have that from your own tech. support, nice guy and knowledgeable but also a little embarrassed) :p (Not that Aastras aren't my hardware of choice, as they are, its just that I seem to have a whole bunch of "oldies" (less than one year) that have to be used in very selected environments.)

7. donhwyo

I have it running just fine on 1.3.2. I did have the older version working by hacking at it myself but I don't think I did anything more than the scripts would do. You might need to stop http rewrite to https for the scripts folders. I have 480i's and I don't think they can deal with https. Or maybe I just don't know how to deal with it. Anyway I hope Aastra keeps some effort into the older phones. I will certainly be upgrading to the newer Aastra's as the need arises.

Thanks again for including more of your loyal customers in your efforts.

Don

PS: They also seem to be running fine on 64 bit. Send me a couple of those fancy new ones and I will test those for you too:cheer:

8. raj

raj

Dear Aastra,

There is one more button i need most other need thats PICK UP button to pick up the call can you please help me with that?

9. aastra1

Hi Raj,

Could you please be more explicit in your request? What do you mean by Pickup button? The directed call pickup is already implemented with BLF which works this way. Phone A has a BLF on phone B, phone B rings for an incoming call, Phone A BLF key indicates the incoming call, if you press it you will pickup the ringing phone as the phone autommatically the pickup sequence (**+extension by default).

So what exactly are you looking for?

Regards

aastra1

10. raj

raj

Hi Aastra,

Thank you for the response.

what i meant is general call pickup *8 for a pickup group. for example in a room there are a total of 10 phones starting from A to J, any of the phone rings and we can pick up by pressing *8 without need to know the extension number which is ringing, that makes life more easier Phone A and Phone D wants to pick up the call he pressess *8 and he can talk to the person but that involves like pressing 3 buttons * 8 and then dial which is long process so if we can make it single button it would be great.

However there is one issue with this *8 that it doesnt pass the caller ID but thats diffrent issue i think but if you can please help us work out the PICKUP Button for *8, it would be great GREAT.

11. DjBac

Re:Aastra XML scripts 2.2.1 now available for Elas

What is the best way to change the programmable keys on 53i, 55i, 57i per need? From webui definately not, since after a phone restart it get the default values.

12. dicko

In the individual /tftpboot/MACADDRESS.cfg files

or if more general across your system the /var/www/html/aastra/asterisk/demo-*.prf
    files.

>since after a phone restart it get the default values.

The Aastra documentation says that local provisioning overrides boot provisioning and is persistent over restarts, which has been my experience. Obviously YMDV.

13. DjBac

I will try the macaddress**.cfg file. I suppose phone needs a restart, right?

I tried local provisioning i.e. to change dnd key. It works, but the led lights on key 4 (the default one).

14. dicko

The Aastra site has some pretty extensive documentation on bothe the nature of the softkey/hardkeys (I believe that might be your offset problem) the provisioning and the xml scripts to are using, available for download, I suggest that reading them might save you some time rather than just stabbing in the dark :)

15. DjBac

I did some reading and I am still reading! I am starting figuring out how it works!! Pretty amazing.

One thing that I cannot find out. BLF List URI (BLF list) is to monitor more than one ext on one key/led?

16. dicko

All right there in the Aastra documentation B)

17. aastra1

The BLF List is a different implementation of the BLF feature for some other call controls, this is not supported by Asterisk.

Basically instead of having the phone using SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY for each individual extension as implemented by Asterisk (and others), which generates a NOTIFY for each extension status change, with BLF List a list of extensions is updated which limits the number of messages as well as the load on the phone.

Again not supported by Asterisk. Hope this helps.

Regards

aastra1

18. DjBac

Thanx for the reply!! After some reading I realised that! :D

19. aastra1

HI DjBac,

As explained in the XML scripts documentation, if you want to modify a user configuration that was generated by the self-configuration script, you basically have 2 options.

If you want to change a couple of users, just modify the MAC.cfg file for the user located at /tftpboot and reboot the phone. If you move a "special" key such as DND, it will be detected after the reboot and the LED will work fine.

Now, if you want to change for most of the users, the best way is to modify the profile file (/var/www/html/aastra/asterisk/demo-user.prf) and logout/login the phone, the new profile will be applied.

What you defieitely not do is to change the configuration via the Web UI as you would override the script controlled configuration and therefore the scripts would not work.

So the best way is changing MAC.cfg and reboot the phone.

Hope this helps.

aastra1

20. DjBac

Perfect! Thank you for the response!

I tried demo-user.prf but didn't realise I had to logout/logon again, in order for changes to take effect!!! :D

Thanx!