Aastra XML and 2 Elastix servers

Discussion in 'IP Phones' started by MST, Feb 25, 2010.

1. MST

MST

Hello Elastix and Aastra experts,

Let's say that I have 2 Elastix servers and Aastra 57i phone:

Elastix1 Elastix2
    | |
    | |
    line1,2| |line3,4
    Aastra 75i

So the first 2 lines (1 and 2 are registered to elastix1 and there is XML 2.2.1 installed. Lines 3 and 4 are connected to elastix2 on which one is also XML script installed. Elastix1 is main server and elastix2 is as a backup server.
    From the Aastra 57i perspective I can use XML script from elastix1 or elastix2 - right? So if first 2 lines use XML paths to elastix1 in case of using line 3 and 4 I am not able to use a lot features like park call, etc....

basically lines 3 and 4 can be used for receiving and making calls. Is there any way that I can use line 3 and 4 and XML script from elastix2? I have seen in Aastra 57i something like backup server or backup register and I am trying to find out what this can give me.

Please advice if you can,

Thank You and have a good one,

2. MST

MST

sorry for the drawing - it does not look like I wanted

3. MST

MST

Aastra admin guide gives some info; however, can't find if using backup server XML can be also used from backup server

4. MST

MST

Bump .... nobody ....

5. MST

MST

Another question is there any diffrence if I use backup register and proxy server
    in SIP GLOBAL in aastra.conf instead of mac.conf per line basis "sip lineN backup and proxy server" ?

Thank You

6. aastra1

Unfortunately the XML scripts have been designed only to work with one Asterisk server and a single line, supporting 2 lines or multiple Asterisk servers would be a lot of work.

Now regarding the notion of backup proxy on the phones, it works if you have the exact same SIP registration configured on both servers. If the phone fails to register with the main server, it will register with the backup server and will go back to normal as soon as the main server becomes available for the folowing registration.

We don't have the same mechanism for the XML scripts as the URI is "hard coded" in the configuration, the only way you could make it work would be to use a name instead of an IP address in the XML URI and manage to update the DNS in order to point to the right XML server but even that might not work properly as the backup server would not have access to the XML context files (/var/cache/aastra).

I have seen some implementation which worked fine using 3 servers, 2 for Asterisk and another one for the XML services. They were implemented with remote mounts in order to share all the needed data at the same time. It is not trivial.

Sorry not supported yet.

Regards

aastra1

7. aastra1

The difference between global and per line basis is that if you configure GLOBAL, the 9 line appearances of the phone will use the same SIP parameters.

Regards

aastra1

8. MST

MST

OK, Thank You Aastra.

9. MST

MST

Aastra,

You have wrote" Now regarding the notion of backup proxy on the phones, it works if you have the exact same SIP registration configured on both servers. If the phone fails to register with the main server, it will register with the backup server and will go back to normal as soon as the main server becomes available for the folowing registration."

i have made a test and was not able to kick backup proxy. Both servers have the same SIP users, passworsd, etc... and when I turned off the main server nothing occured as I was expected.

Do you have any detailed guide for backup feature in Aastra?

MST

10. MST

MST

I think my answer would be in Admin Guide for SIP Phones release 2.5 but if you take a looks you will see something: Page 3.12 "Note: The IP Phones can register with multiple server using the same
    user name. So the SIP Status information on the Network Status screen
    may display the same account with different registrar and proxy IP
    addresses. For more information, see" ------ see.... and next page 3.13 does not show next part of that sentence .... :(

Please advice.

MST

11. MST

MST

Never mind, get it - 4.74 page of Admin Guide.