Aastra phones will not register

Discussion in 'General' started by cowboy47, Nov 7, 2007.

1. cowboy47

I have been trying to bring up several Aastra phones with 0.9-2 but they will not register. Anyone else having problems like this?

C

P.S. I have 480i phones running fine on 0.8.4.<br><br>Post edited by: cowboy47, at: 2007/11/07 14:52

2. Telco

I have tested with my beta system .9 beta2 and I have no problem connecting with my 480i.

Have you noticed the vm prompt when you dial vm. It used to say asterisk mail now it says comedian mail. LOL

3. Telco

Ok now I am having issues connecting the 480i back to my live system. version 0.8.5. I have rebooted the elastix and the phone. I have reset the phone back to factory and reprogrammed still I can't get it connected back.

4. Telco

OK no matter what I do I can't get this phone to register I think I am going to put it in its box and throw it away.

Programmed my grandstream quickly and I am back up. I do miss my 480i.:(

5. cowboy47

I ran into this problem. What I determined was the issue was a codec definition. It seems that if I had allow=ilbc or any other codecs that the Aastra did not support, it would create an error. If I removed those codecs from the sip.conf, the aastra phones came up just fine. I now have 10 480i's, 1 57i with a 640M module, and 2 57iCT's configured and working fine.

C

6. Telco

Thanks I will check that. I also have just now got it to register. What I did was reset the DHCP server which forced the phone to pull a new IP once the IP on the phone was different in the DHCP server then the phone registered. Weird. Setting the IP manually did not fix it. I wonder if it is a mac issue with my DHCP server.

7. cowboy47

Also check under the General Section and at the bottom of the page there is an option to allow anonymous connections, put that to yes.

8. cowboy47

This appears to be a far greater problem than previously described.

I am really at a loss but I am looking more at Aastra having a firmware issue.

Yesterday, I migrated a clients system running 0.9.2 stable to a new IP address. I have 7 480i phones and 1 480i CT. I had updated the firmware of 2 of the 480i phones to the latest maintenance release. I also updated the 480i CT to the latest release. These phones, while they see the server, send registration information, and appear to be online via the CLI or FOP, will not show anything other than No Service.

Now, I am sure that because I am permitting unregistered sip clients that the phones can still make and receive calls but for the life of me I cannot seem to solve the no service issue. I am not using DHCP because I have fixed public IP numbers for each phone (as well as for the server).

The only other issue might be the ISP. Since it is the cable TV company, they insist on have MAC addresses for the devices on the network.

I currently have a ticket open with Aastra on this issue. If anyone has any suggestions, they are all accepted gratefully.

C

9. dingoland

Hi,

For your MAC address problem, you can insert a router between the public network and the SIP phones.
    Some routers/firewall have this function of fake MAC Address to agree to the ISP rules.
    I'm using Brazil FW (old Coyote FW) that has this function.
    I know this solution is not cheaper and so complicated if you need a router per SIP phone but i just give you an idea ;)

Regards

10. mustardman

Did you reset your phone config to factory defaults from the phone gui?

That is to just make sure there isn't anything in there which over rides TFTP config files.

You should only need to configure the basics like server IP and extension # and password to get it working. Leave the port settings at default.

11. cowboy47

I have reset to default and some phones are working others are not.

One thing I have noticed. For some reason, which is beyond me, the server seems to be happier if you just leave it for 24 hours after you change the IP address on the ethernet interface. After it seems to have become stable in the new network, things start working.

Another item I ran into. No matter how many times I reinstalled, my phone problems did not go away until I put the beta version of freepbx in. I was getting other errors as well, such as pear & mysql errors. I am not sure what the problem is with the install on this server, it is really strange.

I have narrowed down my aastra issue to a few phones and I am returning them for repair.

C