Aastra 9143 ring group question.

Discussion in 'IP Phones' started by rogerlawrence, Jul 22, 2009.

1. rogerlawrence

I have a ring group that I want to ring all phones when someone calls the main line. If one of the phones is on a call, the other phones ring and flash indicating there is a call coming in, but the phone on a call does not give any indication that there is someone calling.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Roger

2. jgutierrez

Have you tried setting on your extensions (web interface) the option for call waiting?

3. syadnom

Call waiting fixes this issue BUT adds the annoying call waiting beep. any way to disable the beep but keep the function?

4. jgutierrez

Well, that depends on your phone

5. syadnom

aastra 53i,55i, and 57i

6. vgster

I used to have a similar setup with multiple Aastra phones and I seem to remember if the call was on the phone and another call came in, provided the phone was configured to accept call waiting, one of the other lines would flash.

Are you configuring call waiting on the phone or via freePBX? Have you configured the phone using the global sip settings or per line settings?

There is also a call waiting tone: enable/disable option. You should either check the various guides and release notes or have a play with my application Configure My Aastra - http://www.lraweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/