Aastra 57i and mulitiple lines

ocvidman

I am using an Aastra 57i as a receptionist phone and have an extension # set up for it. I can use lines 1 - 4 with no problem. Lines 5 - 9 don not always work, is there a solution for that? also if i am currently on any of the lines when a new call coem in to the receptionist i get a line busy signal. Is there a way so that the receptionist can have notifications for all the lines when needed?

jgutierrez

What I would do is:
1. Create secondary extensions for the oprator, and configure each one of them on line2, line3, and so on...

2. Add a followme setting from the Elastix GUI, for the main operator extension, and set a follow destination to the secondary extension, add a follow destination for the secondary extension to point to the terciary extension, and so on...

That way your user wont need to know about the other extensions, and when a call arrives, the led on oyur aastra will be blinking

ocvidman

Thanks, okay that worked. Now getting this to work with my other phones Is there any way to have multiple line setup with each extension? or do i have to create phantom extension for the lines on each phone?

dicko

Depends on the phone.
(and allow call waiting on the receptionist phone (from your original post (the busy signal calling the reception ext.)))

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr