Aastra 57i and Elastix issues (PLEASE HELP)

nacheeze

Hi

I am having two issues with my 30+ 57i phones in two locations. The first issue is that after a reboot on some phones, they auto login into the extension but I don't get all the features of Aastra XML. I am missing parking and even logout. The phone is connected, makes calls, but not all options appear. I have restarted the phone, done factory defaults but nothing. It just logs right back into the extension without all the menus.

The second issues is more serious. I pick up the phone, make a call, but nothing happens, just dead air (silence). No ringing in the other side. This happens periodically, and then stops. It happy to some phones more than others and I can restart the phone or the server but it does not help. Sometime it goes away automatically, other times it I can have a whole day of trying to dial the number and I never get pass the dead air.

Can anyone please help? I am not familiar with Linux so can't run tests, but If you give me directions, I can look up stuff.

I have tried the aastra support but we have communications issues. They don't seem to understand the problem and two instances I have tried on the support chat, they left in the middle because they had to do a meeting.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
mk

Full menus:
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/9603/fullmenus.jpg

Partial menus:
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/2186 ... lmenus.jpg

epritchett

As far as your first issue is concerend. Log into two phone via the web browser (l: admin p: 22222). If you don't know the ip then go to Options > Phone Status > IP Address and you can see it there. Make sure one of the phone is working properly and one is with the old menus. I had this same problem and what I noticed is that even after restoring to factory default some of the phones I worked on earlier remember the old server ip, so what I would do is just make sure that the non-working phones look like the working phones in each menu on the phone's web interface.

Hope that helps people reading.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mai Tuyen