Aastra 53i logout XML script ERROR

MST

I have just installed XML 2.2.1 script under Trix 2.6.2.3 according to the guide. So far so good.
Chacked everythink a couple of times - looked good.

Becasue I would like to be able to use 53i to login and logout I have changed AMPEXTENSIONS=deviceanduser in amportal.conf

Created user and device. After phone bootup, script has asked for user and password .... so far so good.

After that I have configured using GUI first 2 buttons:

KEY1TOP: http://SERVERIP:80/aastra/asterisk/logi ... USERNAME$$
KEY2TOP:http://SERVERIP:80/aastra/asterisk/logout.php?device=$$SIPUSERNAME$$

And first one is working but second one as LOGOUT not. I have ERROR YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LOG OUT FROM THIS PHONE.

Could you please advice what problem could be or what I am doing wrong?

After I have changed PRGKEY6 to:

http://SERVERIP:80/aastra/asterisk/logo ... USERNAME$$

looks like I am able to logout but MY NAME still shows up on the phone ........ :(

What I can else do?

dicko

You write:

I have just installed XML 2.2.1 script under Trix 2.6.2.3.
What I can else do?

I suggest
A ) Not use TrixBox
and

B ) If you insist on that, don't expect help here in the Elastix World.
I know you still don't believe it, but they are NOT the same thing. they even use a completely different base www protocol( https NOT http.)

but in your case

C ) Use the far quicker and more elegant deviceanduser concept intrinsic in FreePBX.
It is probably a much better solution for what you want.

MST

Sorry about that. The same script is installed under 1.6 Elastix and the same story ...

With fully respect Dico to what you do and what you did. If you take a look to Elastix XML 2.2.1 script all pictures are from TRIXBOX !!!!!!!!!! So ....

In my case this is strictly Aastra script problem not OS (Trixbox or Elastix) Tested under both Trixbox 2.6.2.3 and Elastix 1.6 (with Elastix forum how to install XML under
Elastix and you are right - the way of installing it is slightly different. In this case clinet who used Ealstix 1.3 has busted VM, transfers, and a lot more. Long story...... anyway I am looking for help everywhere. Since Aastra has official support in Trixbox forum I posted over there and I see that Elastix has also official Aastra support so why not post here? Especially that I am testing that problem under both (Trixbox and Elastix) and see the same problem.

Regards,

MST

P.S I don't really understand the whole yelling "THIS IS TRIXBOX FOURM or THIS IS ELASTIX FORUM - yes you are wright but the same Astra 53i can work under both and both use Asterisk - Am I wrong?

dicko

Then at this point in time (until you have read the Aastra documentation) I believe you will get better satisfaction with option C )

JM2CWAE

MST

Once again the purpose of that phone 53i is to use dynami agents that can login logout extensions since people who will use them move around 3 different location and YES they will use Elastix 1.6. I don't even think about Trixbox since they want Spark, Fax, and Email Server configured on any OS in once and that ability has only Elastix ay this time. Everyone know that Elastix is the way ahead of Trixbox.

Privately I can't wait for Elstix 2.0 - I love it but it is really not stable for a commerical use, but patientlly will wait for that beatufill pice of art and work

My another 5 cents.

P.S coming back to the problem is there anyone who experience the same problem using 53i under whatever (Elastix or Trixbox)? I have even noticed a couple of really big mistakes in both guides (one sentence is saying that and the other something different) so I guess can't really trust even that guide. That's why I am asking on forum.

Thank You

MST

Regarding the XML guide there are 2 places not exactly explained about LOGIN AND LOGOUT feature. They show how to use script and I am using it in that waym but still something is wrong. I have a feeling like the XML is really fully tested under 57i since 53i is a lot of cheaper phone some things may not work correctly.

MST

dicko

if you wait i'm sure aastra1 will explain it more fully, but no 53i's work just fine logon/logoff "out of the box" , if you FWI then just know what you are doing first.

MST

There must be something trivial. I have tested that feature with the same setting on 57i and works as expected, 53i login works, logout works but it leaves a name on the screen even when the user is succesfully loged off. This is not a big deal; however, it would be nice if after user log off the screen on the phone will empty

When you log off from 57i the screen is empty.

dicko

as the book says, local provisioning trumps remote provisioning, trivial or otherwise. It will be empty when you empty it.

MST

I am sorry Dico but I don't understand that. If books says XML was tested for 57i and 53i is there, why when I log off from 57i screen is empty, but when I log of from 53i the user is log off becasue when simply I call thet extension it gets me directly to VM so it works but the screen still shows name the perosn that use that extension. I thought it would work similar on both phones 57i and 53i. I know that deviceanduser mode is working fine with a little exception on 53i. Thats why Astra XML script is better than using *11 *12 and I saw on Polycom phone that problem - even when you log in it still shows old extension but this is different story....

Thank you Dico for your help.

dicko

I believe it's actually the "same story" probably both for your Aastras and Polycoms, but without going into the details of what RTFM means, just reset the Aastra phone to it's factory default and see what happens.

Another well known "manual" (Aastra's own web site) will provide

http://www.aastratelecom.com/cps/rde/xc ... /35707.htm

If you insist on using the TrixBox scripts and documentation in Elastix, WTF do you expect?

MST

Both phones have different screens. Also I misunderstand the concept of devices and users. My example was 57i screen as IS NOT THE SAME AS 53i and when I log off extensions
the device name was display and don't think we can get rid of that simply because FREEPBX can't us allow to save device without description. Instead of typing device name like Aastra 53i or "drink your coffe and not use extension as device name" I used extension as a name and this coused my misunderstatnding.

Dico my oppologize towards you "trivial or otherwise" - you were right. Sometimes trivial is too much easy to understand than complex explanation.

:p Have a good one ....

dicko

I am dicko not Dico, if you don't clear the local provisioning you did when you went to phone's http://<ipaddress> logged in, and and started typing letters into the various fields, then saved them (the same is true with your Polycoms) , then no amount of logon logoff will stop that being used when you reboot, "End of Story", as both I and the Aastra documentation says "local will over-ride remote", whether you think thats true or not, and you "can't get rid of it" or not is immaterial and I might add incorrect, use the phone's local http server and so delete that spurious stuff or do as I say and default it to "factory", either works, do your understand yet?

dicko

MST

Yes dicko, I am sorry for mistyping your name, I did not mean it.

Thank You for your help Sir again.

have a good one !!!

dicko

No problem, I see you are already posting solutions in other thread(s).

I guess you have started to RTFM, congratulations, don't you agree, it saves days, if not months?

dicko

MST

If I can add another 5 cents - as I was busted by Dicko :) I have learned a valuable lessons - Don't create the user extension and device id in the same range of numbers, it could confuse the simple minded folk :) it confused me ....

dicko

excellent, you're getting there, just to be pedantic it's dicko not Dicko, the real world, like linux is case sensitive, Dicko is another carbon based unit that exists outside this environment, I am also he.

MST

OK will remember, I don't want to bother only one person :( I thought this forum is monitored by others (not like me at this time begging for help, but like dicko, masters in
elastix that could add their 5 cents) I am really appreciate your help dicko and some day I will give advices for others, but so far I am in learning process so .....

One thing is done, but it brings another and I am not sure if this is related to the first one or something new: After user is logged to the device (both use the same passwords anb VM of user too for simplicity I get after *97 "The password is incorrect"

I am 100% positive I type right password for that user, so did not dig yet to the knowledge of that problem. Even if I logged out and log in with differnt user I have the same problem with accesing VM using *97 for particular user.

I start digging in .....

Cheers

dicko

try *98 and go the extra step until you can verify that the user and the device are actually the same identity (perhaps not, that would be up to you)

Oh, and yes these fora are "monitored" by others (whatever that means) you where just unlucky enough to catch me over my morning coffee, perhaps before my third cup! (it's an RSS thing).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpino