A2billing DID how to

Discussion in 'General' started by jessie, May 27, 2009.

1. jessie

Hello to All,

First I'd like to thank the Moderators here, Mr. jgutierrez, ramoncio, dicko and to all who give me support. I received an email asking how do I make the A2billing works for prepaid cards and so I have the steps below that might work to others. I just like to share it.

If your system is currently in production and don't want to mess it up, you may setup a regular computer to simulate your project. In my case even my system is in production, it never cause any problem on the asterisk side, of course my scenario might not work the same with you, so I am giving you a precaution. Right now my A2billing works well yet even not in the production purposes.

This is the website that somehow help me to start the setup.. http://www.click4pbx.com/tutorials/a2billing-documentation.html. Of course everything is all about experience that you'll encounter during the installation and the help in the Elastix forum. Below are the things I'd done that you may used it as a reference during your simulation and installation.

Steps 1.
    In you Elastix Web Menu, open up your Calling Cards module under Extra.Ofcourse, username is "admin" and the password is "myadmin", this is the default. You need to change that after you logon.

Step 2.
    Under A2billing Menu (left side), go to DID menu and Add DID Group. You may name anything you preffer.

Step 3.
    Now Add you DID. (we will Add Destination later after creating your Customer)

Step 4.
    Go to Trunk menu and Create Provider. After that start Add Trunk. (you will need this parameter when making rates)

Step 5.
    Go to Outbound CID menu and Create CID Group. After that, Add CID. (you will need this parameter when making customer and SIP Friend)

Step 6.
    Go to RateCard menu, Create Call Plan. After that, Create new RateCard, fill in the Trunk parameter that you created in the Trunk menu. Then go to Add Rate, fill in the parameters you created in the RateCard, Trunk menu and CID. Leave the other paramters as is (default).

Step 7.
    Under Customers menu, Create Customers. This is where your PIN card numbers are generated, you may also used the Generate Customers if you want to generate more PIN Cards. After this, you are now ready to Create SIP-Friend. You may used the CallerID you created in the Customers Card.

Step 8.
    Let's get bak to the DID menu and Create Destination. Put the destination you desire, you can used the Card number or SIP-friend you created in the Customers menu, the ID card number you created in the Customers Card number and the DID you created.

We are done with the A2billing. For us to test this configuration, we need to test it if will going to work right. Let's create Custom parameters for your Inbound Route.

Step 9.
    Go Back to the PBX Configuration and click on the Unembedded FreePBX. After you login, go to the left menu and select Tools. You will find Custom Destination under System Administration. Add Custom Destination, used this parameters: custom-a2billing-did,_X.,1 (this is the configuration under extensions_a2billing.conf) and put the Description of this configuration, you can used the custom-a2billing-did,_X.,1. Leave the other parameters as is then Submit the Changes.

Step 10.
    Go back to the Elastix Menu. Under Ibound Routes, put your DID number (leave the other parameters as is), then Set the Destination to Custom Applications: custom-a2billing-did,_X.,1

Now we are finished. Start testing the DID number you used for this service. I may missed some steps or parameters but this is what make works to me. You are welcome to add my instant messenger if you need quick chat with me, its: jessie_mabanglo@yahoo.com, jdmjamboo@hotmail.com.

People in Elastix forum help me alot, I am happy to pay it back too.

Best Regards,

Jessie

2. gamba47

Thanks for share this!!

Good Work.

gamba47

3. johnny2000

If I want to use only the calling card platform where one would dial an incoming DID and forwarded the call to a2billing through the custom destination, do I still need to configure all the above steps? Currently, I have my a2billing works with /elastix/freepbx, however when an outgoing call is made from a2billing it is not using the dial patterns set at outbound routes nor does it use the dial rules set in the trunks. What am I missing? Thank you.

4. mostafa33

i did the above steps ....

after calling from outside to the trunk i face an error message "the number you has dialed is not in service"
    please help me.

5. haramarcuse

@jessie thanks for sharing. Guess A2billing requires the packages of a LAMP (PHP5) installation.

6. ahmed_gaffar

hello mostafa33 ,
    i am facing now the same problem, i made all the steps above but i become the same massage as you, would you please tell me how do you solve the problem, it would be great.
    Thanx in advance

7. mostafa33

8. ahmed_gaffar

Ahlen Mustafa,

thanks for your replay, i will test it and give you an answer. teslam ya basha

9. ahmed_gaffar

Ahlen Mustafa33,

Well i checked the site you sent to me, every thing is exactly as i have on my server. so if you have a running system. i wish to know what do you have in extinsions_a2billing.conf, and as costum_distinastion through free PBX what do you have? because in some tutorial they are writting "a2billing,-X,1" and in another they are writing "costum_a2billing,-${extn},1" or something, so i think i am a littel bitt confused.

Thanks in advance

10. mostafa33

salam alikum Ahmed
    really i have used DIDs in a2billing just to make calls between the accounts, so i didn't face any changes in the a2billing configuration files

wish you best wishes :)

11. yaya volt

Hello,

Somebody, can Help me?

On A2billing

I have create customers(cardnumber 12345), the RateCard, and i can simulate the Ratecard.
    I have create did (02xxxxxxx) and destination like it :

DESTINATION=12345
    CREATIONDATE=2011-08-20 02:11
    did=02xxxxxxx
    cardnumber=0427185607

Then I go to Unembedded freePBX and i added a new Custom Destination, I named custom-a2billing-did,_X.,1

I have create my IVR whose ask me enter cardNumber when we call to did(02xxxxxxx) from here i don't know what i miss ?! And i would like understand how i can do for authenticate my cardnumber with elastix?

Thank you for your help.
    Regards,
    Yaya

12. mostafa33

i think you need to add a custom context in the file: extensions_a2billing.conf
    >for examle, if you has added a customer destination like:
    then you must create this context:

13. yaya volt

Hi,

Thank you for your reply :)

I have solved this probleme and after that there was the pipe with DeadAGI(a2billing.php|2)
    I remplace with quote and after I have patch a2billing because menuland doesn't work.

Now is all good. :laugh:

Yaya