A problem to apply config changes on a big PBX

I see a strange problem with Elastix 2.2. I have about 4000 SIP extensions defined. If I make a change in an extension configuration and then apply the change by clicking on the "Apply Configuration Changes Here" bar then the changes are applied but the Internet Browser (FireFox or Chrom) doesn't show that the operation has been completed.

If I apply the changes via the Unembedded FreePBX interface then everything works ok.The retrieve_conf script works also without errors if I run it manually:

su asterisk -s /bin/sh -c /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf

Does somebody has an idea how to fix the problem?

Thank you,

Leonid

Bob

lfain,

To answer your question.....the most likely issue you have is a PHP timeout, at the PHP level. You need to modify the /etc/php.ini and increase the timeout value or memory values. If you look around (google), you will find plenty of references to timeout increases in php.ini...

Next thing, If you are registering 4000 extensions to Elastix 2.2, directly, can I recommend that this is not the way to do it....(no matter how BIG your box is)

Look at Kamailio (you may have already).....but just offering some friendly advice, just in case.....

Regards

Bob

Bob,
Please note that everything works well when the changes have been applied via the Unembedded FreePBX Web interface. As fas as I know both Elastix and FreePBX use the same PHP settings.

Kamailio is not a PBX but rather just a SIP proxy server. My customer needs the PBX functionality.
Leonid

Hi Ifain.

Remember Elastix 2.2.0 is only a RC version and not a stable version, right?

Put this problem on Elastix bugs website. Your issue will referenced and will taken by the dev team.
Generally, on this forum, there's only stable versions.

Kamailio is not a PBX but rather just a SIP proxy server.
We know, but maybe read the thread about Kamailio on Elastix blog, before saying that. It's very intersting in your case.
If Bob suggest this way, then he have a good reason. ;)

Regards

Bob

Sorry Ifain, I read your message late at night..so missed part of what you meant.

Agreed, the two interfaces I believe use the same PHP.ini.....

As Danardf mentioned, might be worth raising a bug.

However on the Kamailio suggestion, it is best to describe it as a SIP Server. With 4000 extensions, I am guessing that there will be a large amount of internal calls, and for this reason why do you want the load on the Elastix Server.

The SIP Server will still integrate with Elastix, and pass calls that are intended for the big wide world, and likewise calls coming in. You still use the PBX functions of the Elastix system.

I will be honest with you, and I know Asterisk has improved in its handling, but at 4000 extensions, you will have issues that you may not be able to solve with a BIG box....

However, having said that, if you get it working then please let us know.....

Regards

Bob

i would be gratefull if you tell us how you got everything working.
my advise also: Kamailio + Elastix

lfain,
If you want to do a test, you may try the following:

1. Increase memory on /etc/php.ini (memory_limit=1024M)
2. Add the following line after the php tag on /var/www/html/admin/extensions.class.php
ini_set("memory_limit","1024M");
3. service httpd restart
4. /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf
5. asterisk -rx "module reload"
6. try again

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member