A Note to the Elastix Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickG3CX

Administrator
Because strictly speaking this version is in beta, that is, we are still doing more testing and want to have feedback from the community before we call it a release version.

What happens now with the community that we used Elastix?
Is there any unrestricted alternative that is free ?, just like FreePBX or Ombutel

Que pasa ahora con la comunidad que usabamos Elastix?
Hay alguna alternativa sin restricciones que sea gratis?, asi como es FreePBX u Ombutel

Hi elastix community (which is about to end). After 10 years promoting "open source communications" elastix decides to make this turn???? For me it is totally unacceptable. I am not a programmer or developer so when I first saw ELASTIX I said "aleluya" no more "dark side" of the force. Now, after they made a lot of money (which they did and stayed in the market) they decide to go propietary????I would prefer they have created some kind of annual fee for the certified elastix engineers (50 or 100 dollars). They can have a "propietary division" of elastix too but keep the open source division of the product as they promoted a lot of times. Definetely I will have to go to the "dark side" and learn more about developing and programming. Seems to me, money driven decisions make ones "better than others".

Sorry again for the repeated question , but isn't clear for me
I have in my organization Elastix 2.5 using sip gatway and serving more than 120 IP phone and IVR, and can get up to 30 simultaneous calls would that still works with Elastix 5 out of the box or lisence is required?
Thanks

MAM

Staff member
Sorry again for the repeated question , but isn't clear for me
I have in my organization Elastix 2.5 using sip gatway and serving more than 120 IP phone and IVR, and can get up to 30 simultaneous calls would that still works with Elastix 5 out of the box or lisence is required?
Thanks
Hi, can you please send me a PM with your contact details?

Good Morning.
When updating the server with the command yum update, asterisk was attacked and a few more applications, but the Elastix interface disappeared, and the FreePBX interface took over as default. Why did this happen? Is this really what should happen?

Weird!
Never seen this issue.

I hope that the repos are clean and sure!!

I saw that once, about half year ago, on version 2.5. Had to restore from VM backup.
Since that, I prefer do not to update with version 2.5.

I saw that once, about half year ago, on version 2.5. Had to restore from VM backup.
Since that, I prefer do not to update with version 2.5.
In the last version (2.5) several bugs has been fixed.
Lots of bugs (minor) are still there also.

In the last version (2.5) several bugs has been fixed.
Lots of bugs (minor) are still there also.
Agree.
But moving to v4 is quite difficult due to incompatible backups: you can't just make a backup of v2.5 and restore it to v4.
Moving to v5... Well... You know just better than me, it's impossible.
So, either say on 2.5, or move to another distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orbit114