A@H replacemewnt with Elastix

Discussion in 'General' started by tbooth, Nov 28, 2007.

1. tbooth

I have a client running an Asterisk@Home server thats 2 1/2 years old now. I would like to load a new server up for them using Elastix and when I cut over the machine take the digium tdm400p card out of the old machine and drop it into the new Elastix server and be up and running fairly quick.

Anything I should know in advance in regards to the digium card or will it be recognized by the new server?

Many Thanks

2. tbooth

BUMP...I'm finding out thats its really hard to get answers in this forum. How do you expect us to promote your product if we cannot get answers?

3. moyses

You are not paying anything here, everything is free, if you want an immediate answer, go ahead and pay official support.

If you have installed zaptel cards in the past, the server should be running within minutes.

By the way if you are serious about your customers, you must test elastix in a development environment before going production.

You should not touch their current production server until you have tested everything in elastix.

Regards

4. moyses

You are not paying anything here, everything is free, if you want an immediate answer, go ahead and pay official support.

If you have installed zaptel cards in the past, the server should be running within minutes.

By the way if you are serious about your customers, you must test elastix in a development environment before going production.

You should not touch their current production server until you have tested everything in elastix.

Regards

5. tbooth

I understand I'm not paying, but why set up this forum if you can't get simply questions answered. Yes, I'm familiar with Digium cards but I read a post here about there being an issue with genzaptelconf in Elastix.
    That is why I am asking. Why do you think the trixbox product is so successful? I will tell you why, it's because the forums are monitored and questions are answered promptly in most cases without have to buy trixbox support.
    I have done plently of trixbox installs for my clients and would like to start installing Elastix, I think its a much better package.
    If everyone here would help one another and answer questions this forum will grow by leaps and bounds and this product will become more popular. This is a great product lets all help make it mainstream!