A distintive ring

Discussion in 'General' started by CShaum, May 21, 2010.

1. CShaum

A distintive ring would be nice in our application. A person could set it up so that the incoming calls, intercom, and ring group could all sound the same or each of them sound differently. Than a person could without looking, tell what for call it is. Now they all sound the same and you can't tell whether its a incoming call, a intercom call, or a certain ring group. Thanks! :)

PS: unless there is a way to do this, and I don't know how ;)

2. johnme

Hi

In freepbx it is called "Alert INFO"
    can be used for distinctive ring with SIP devices

In my installation i know by sound if the call is from outside or an internal call.

I can help you with linksys and grandstream devices if you need.

Hi again
    John

3. CShaum

Actually we switched to Trixbox because when we moved Elastix from one old server to a newer and faster server, It turn it upside down, drop calls, paging amps wouldn't stay online, and several phones had the same issue, And forum input wasn't much help and paid support was cost prohibitive. So we switched and so far so good. But we do use the grandstream devices The GXP2000 phone. But Trixbox use freePBX well and so I'd still be interested how you do that. Thanks

4. johnme

Hi

In grandstream 2010 in a advanced settings find "Distinctive Ring Tone:" in "Custom ring tone 2" type: Classic-1

In freepbx at inbound routes find "Alert info" and type: ;info=Classic-1

From now when a call arrives at this inbound route the grandstream will ring with Custom ring tone 2 and not the default.

Bye
    John