8 Seconds to hang up unanswered dahdi call

Discussion in 'General' started by tom@intersoft.net.au, Oct 1, 2009.

1. tom@intersoft.net.au

Hi,

I have an issue with elastix 1.5.2 in that if an incoming call is 'hung up' before it is answered (ie. while the extensions are still ringing) it takes elastix/asterisk 8 seconds to disconnect the call.

Watching the CLI it just keeps ringing the extensions, there is no change for 8 seconds, then macro-hangupcall executes.

This is using an OpenVox A400P (analog lines). Busydetect is working perfectly for calls that are answered, however changing the busycount does not effect the time it takes to hang up an unanswered call. I know of this happening on at least 3 different systems with 3 different A400P cards and very different hardware.

Any ideas?

2. tom@intersoft.net.au

...Can someone at least confirm whether this happens with Digium/other hardware?

3. ramoncio

This is because you have busydetect/busycount hangup detection configured in your /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf
    If your telco uses polarity reversals for signalling (as Telefonica Expaña does) you can use answeronpolatityswitch/hanguponpolarityswitch, which detects hangups instantly. Or you can try to lower the busycount value, but this could result in more failures in the detection.

4. tom@intersoft.net.au

Thanks ramoncio,

however I don't think this is the case. I realize busydetect takes time as it must listen for an amount of tones, however it takes 8 seconds to detect a hangup on an unanswered call regardless of the busycount. Whith answered calls you can hear exactly the number of busy tones as configured in busycount and then the call disconnects, however with unanswered calls it always takes 8 seconds.

It doesn't matter if busycount is set to 1, 5, 10, etc. it always takes 8 seconds, however answered calls are fine.

Unfortunately the major telco in Australia (Telstra) does not "support" polarity reversal or any kind of disconnect signaling for analog lines. Some times it is on, but if it isn't they refuse to turn it on (and most of their staff don't have any idea what it is).

5. ramoncio

Have you had a look at the logs?
    Increase the debug level and have a look at them, maybe you can find the problem there.
    After you finish with the debug, remember to turn it off again, if you don't want the logfiles to fill your hard disk.