411 directory

Discussion in 'General' started by packetfish, Aug 5, 2008.

1. packetfish

I am having a heck of a time finding any information on setting up 411 phonebook directory services on Elastix (ie- you dial 411, it says enter the first 3 digits of the person's name -- NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH directories seeded to or residing on phones). Out of the box 411 does not work in Elastix (least with Elastix 1.1-7). Dialing three digits does nothing in terms of looking up a user.

I have not found any info on setting up 411 on voip-info.org (just seeding directories to phones which I could care less about), Asterisk forums, or Elastix forums. I've seen it enough though its high time someone document it or remove it from asterisk distros though if no one is going to elude to how to get 411 working or just outright recommend buying commercial software. Users usually want this out of the box as do the corporate stuffy people

If there is doc, blog, website, or similar that eludes to getting 411 working under Elastix (w/out adding commercial software) I'd love it if someone could share it on these boards so others might easily get it going as well.

Thanks a bunch...

2. rejil.rajan

Hi

There is a bug in the directory function of Elastix

Login into /var/www/html/admin/modules/pbxdirectory/functions.inc.pho & Change the value agi(pbdirectory) to agi (directory). After doing this, please see if it works

Thanks & Regards

3. packetfish

Editing /var/www/html/admin/modules/pbxdirectory/functions.inc.php and changing that value did not work. I even restarted asterisk with 'service asterisk restart'. I enter the 3 digits and I still get nothing.

Am I missing something? Please advise, I really need to get this work otherwise people are going to have me printing extension lists every day. *gasp*

I am hopeful I will get it working in Elastix with a bit more assistance...

Thanks for the help!

4. lek

lek Guest

Have you tried the last beta iso?

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/elasti ... g2008d.iso

It comes with freePBX 2.4. If it works for you maybe updating freePBX fixes your issue. Then, you could obtain the freePBX-2.4.0-12.noarch.rpm from the new iso and update freePBX doing a:

rpm -Uvh freePBX-2.4.0-12.noarch.rpm

5. saleh

6. lek

lek Guest

Wow. Is it a freePBX bug?

7. saleh

Yes, i have updated to freePBX 2.4 and its the same problem the only way to fix is found in the link i sent before ... it is working well with it