4 problems or requests in elastix 2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by telecomtechnician, Aug 25, 2010.

1. telecomtechnician

Hi Elastix community

1) How can I create a mask in the incoming caller ID of an inbound trunk call? The caller ID received is (XXXXX), I want to mask it through elastix so it displays on the IP phones (XXXX+YYYYY) How can I do this?

2) Where is the asterisk PHONEBOOK in elastix? (there is one in unembemded freepbx)?, can this phonebook be linked with the incoming caller ID?

3) When I activate thje DISA or IVR feature through callback, I dial the password digits or the IVR selection digits from my cellphone, and the digits are not heard or ignored by elastix. I did the test from a landline phone and it did not recognize it either. what can I do?

4)Why the music on hold is not being heard when I put an extension on hold?, how do I change the default MOH folder to another one?

5) If I have an analog extension (DAHDI extension), how can I activate call on hold on these types of phones?

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

2. dicko

1 ) you can add <YYYYY+> to the CID prefix for the inbound route, (there is currently no postfix, and likely never will be phone numbering is generally perceived and processed "Most Significant First")

2 ) it isn't there, Palasanto have by design limited you to what they think you need, this decision is apparently not to over-confuse new users. (however please feel free to use the unembedded FreePBX and search for patrick_elx' numerous posts for his and other third-party FreePBX add-on additional callerid code, these will of course not be available in the Embedded FreePBX for the same reason)

3 ) Check you dtmfmode settings and codec usage , numerous posts here.

4 ) this might be a bug in Elastix 2.0, please file a bug report below.

5 ) analog phones will largely mimic your phone at home, with a hook-flash you can transfer a call to another extension, perhaps for your needs the parking lot, or make a three way call, there are some dtmfs that are listened to if your dtmf is working , look at your feature codes page for the currently implemented "in-call" ones. some phones have a hold button.

dicko

3. telecomtechnician

Problem 3

Hi Dicko

On the point 3 I mentioned explicity (IVR or DISA) from callback, in other words the server is calling me (dialing out).

If I dial in to the server from any telephone to the IVR or DISA, when I press the corresponding digits they are heard correctly and everything works fine.

So I do not think it is a DTMF problem, it is some kind of strange feature in ELASTIX that explicity ignores DTMF tones ONLY from the callback function (dialout).

Can you test this feature to see if this problem repeats on your side?

Waiting for your comments

David Medina