4 Lines on 1 Extension

Discussion in 'General' started by ahmershuja, Dec 7, 2010.

1. ahmershuja

I've 4 voip lines, and want to use single and physical extension, but my question is that I want to use each line must have its own answering machine, how can I setup/configure this.

thanks in advance (tia)
    ahmer

2. eNoisy

Hi!

What do you mean by 'single and physical extension'?

In regards to the IVR you want to setup for each VoIP line, you should be able to find out what's the DID for each one of them. Check available information about how to check them out. With some VoIP providers you can also assign DIDs to each line.

Using these DIDs you can create 4 different Inbound Routes and a different IVR for each one of them.

Cheers! :)

3. ahmershuja

single and physical extension mean I am not using the software extension like xlite soft phone, I'm using linksys ATA adapter which is connected with the regular telephone.

4. milauria

I see two options:

1. your VOIP provider handles the VM in this case you can use a VOIP telephone capable of registering up to 4 different accounts, and it's done.

2. set up an elastix box handling 4 incoming trunks, the box handles VM and rings the ATA or the IP phone. You can then selectively access/personlize the VM's dialing the *98 (or *97)

Hope it helps