3CX Single Trunk Policy For Free Account - Inbound only?

limdizzo

I am running the free 3CX PBX instance and only allowed one SIP trunk. Anyone knows if it is possible and how to configure this trunk for both inbound and outbound traffic - same provider? Thanks

AJP

Staff member
Hi @limdizzo

When you configure the trunk under the Options Tab you can enable to receive and make calls through the trunk.

So, you only have to configure your trunk and you will use it for both outbound and inbound calls.

Please check the following documentation:

https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/sip-trunks/

Have a great day!

limdizzo

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and following the linked workflow to configure my trunk for both inbound and outbound. Now i am able to get the outbound to dial out but then quit immediately. On the app it will state "Dialing" then in a couple of seconds change to "server internal error". Call logs will indicate "Not Answered" Any idea how to resolve this? Screenshot 2017-10-24 16.49.17.png Screenshot 2017-10-24 16.48.37.png Screenshot 2017-10-24 16.52.09.png

AJP

Staff member
Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and following the linked workflow to configure my trunk for both inbound and outbound. Now i am able to get the outbound to dial out but then quit immediately. On the app it will state "Dialing" then in a couple of seconds change to "server internal error". Call logs will indicate "Not Answered" Any idea how to resolve this? View attachment 71 View attachment 72 View attachment 73
Hi,

You set the trunk as peered, but how does the provider authenticate your calls?

They need a way to authenticate the calls, otherwise anybody with the data above can originate calls...

Endstream network is a not supported VoIP provider so we don't know how do they need to receive the INVITES from the PBX. Each VoIP provider has its own SIP tables, you need to adjust all this in the outbound parameters.

I would recommend you to use Supported VoIP Providers since you can use the templates that are uploaded in the PBX, you only need to enter the credentials of your account and set your outbound routes, all this will work out of the box.

Please check here the supported Voip Providers: https://www.3cx.com/partners/sip-trunks/

Have a great day!

limdizzo

Thanks for your response. Usually Endstream authenticates me by my IP address (traffic coming from my IP). I am successfully terminating traffic with them from a different IP for a different service and all i need to do on my end is point my server to their terminating IP.

As with using other providers, there is a huge cost to switching/porting. Explored some of the listed providers and they are very expensive. I have used Endstream for years and they are good.

AJP

Staff member
Thanks for your response. Usually Endstream authenticates me by my IP address (traffic coming from my IP). I am successfully terminating traffic with them from a different IP for a different service and all i need to do on my end is point my server to their terminating IP.

As with using other providers, there is a huge cost to switching/porting. Explored some of the listed providers and they are very expensive. I have used Endstream for years and they are good.
Hi @limdizzo

Since this is a non supported VoIP provider we don't know how do they want to receive the INVITES from the PBX.

If you check the outbound parameters in the trunk there are many SIP fields that must be set according the provider needs, so please try to contact them directly in order they can bring you the details on every field.

Have a great day!

limdizzo

Hi @limdizzo

Since this is a non supported VoIP provider we don't know how do they want to receive the INVITES from the PBX.

If you check the outbound parameters in the trunk there are many SIP fields that must be set according the provider needs, so please try to contact them directly in order they can bring you the details on every field.

Have a great day!
Thank you very much for your response

AJP

Staff member

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pahntom