Discussion in 'General' started by tbooth, Dec 1, 2009.

1. tbooth

Will we get a see Elastix 2.0 before the end of the year?

2. rafael

This or next week we are going to have a new alpha version. We want to have at least our first beta by the end of the year.

regards,

Rafael

3. donhwyo

Nice. Can we get achange log or other info?

Thanks,
    Don

4. rafael

don't have the changelog at the moment. But the main change in this version from the previus Alpha is the new look for Elastix 2.0. Please take a look to it ;)

Regards,

Rafael

5. rafael

6. sergiogm2000

There's no LOAD MODULE in the System Tab, how can we upload modules now??

7. rafael

8. cashoefman

Not sure where you want these comments but just some observations on 2.0 Alpha 3:

Are you planning on upgrading to some of the more recent releases of some of the packages?

Openfire is still at 3.5.1 (04/2008 release). Openfire is at 3.6.4 since May 2009!

Sugar is at 5.2.0k a highly insecure version 5.5.0 has been out for a while!

A2billing is at 1.3.0 version 1.4.4.1 has been out since Dec 2009.

Vtiger installer doesn't complete!

And for the base system, PHP for example is still at version 5.1.6 that version is OLD, would really be nice to have a more up-to-date version of PHP 5.3 or so or at least 5.2 or higher! and than at least compiled with configure -enable-soap -enable-mbstring and pecl/mailparse to add some extra functionality or a more complete Apache install so we can recomplile php for CGI and not only for CLI.

How about adding outbound faxing through e-mail, every time I install a new elastix server that is one of the standard mods in my install scripts, would be nice to see something like that finally added. (I like the added feature to do faxing from the web, now I don't have to add my fax module anymore that took care of this for me in that past)

How about PHPmyAdmin for MySQL access, same thing always one of my standard installs. (and if we get a newer php version we can finally use PHPmyAdmin 3+)

How about a Munin page that gives some extra detail, also on my list of standard extensions at install time.

have you guys heard about yum -y install nano (maybe I am missing something but still think that is a super easy editor)

How about an option to specify the Hostname/FQDN during install so your outbound mail can be configured during install instead of having to manually edit config files after install?

How about the ability to specify the static IP address during install?

some other issue:

on the status page, after I install openfire, the status still shows not running n/a.

Don't get me wrong I like Elastix and the 2.0 looks slick but most of the things I was hoping for in 2.0 are just not there!

9. rafael

Hi cashoefman,

You are right, specially when you talk about third party software such as vtiger, openfire, a2billing, sugar, etc...

It would be great if you join us in the developers[1] and/or beta-testers mailing lists[2]. You don't have to be a developer to join any of those mailing lists. It would also be great if you became a beta tester and report bugs in the bug tracker[3].

[1] http://lists.elastix.org/mailman/listinfo/developers
    [2] http://lists.elastix.org/mailman/listinfo/beta-testers
    [3] http://bugs.elastix.org

Regards,

Rafael

10. rafael

11. landfiets

Is there an indication when the official 2.0 will be released? since i need to prepair for this on our server i'd like to know the timeline.

12. rafael

Hi landfiets,

At this moment the only thing I can say is that it would be publish when it is ready. Soon we will publish the first beta.

Regards,

Rafael

13. RKM

RKM

@Cas Hoefman-
    I'd be really interested in any information you can provide about how you setup email-to-fax on Elastix, which you mentioned above.

Speaking of Fax, I'm sure that Elastix 2.0 would want to wait for the "Final" of FreePBX 2.7, which has an entirely new/revamped faxing system. Although I don't know if it's any good, I notice that I see this module updated more than any other, so it's evidently very actively developed.

Thank you,
    RKM