1.5 HA - Questions

Discussion in 'General' started by sirbones, Sep 3, 2009.

1. sirbones

Hi All

I am trying to setup the HA for 1.5 and having a few odd issues

I followed the 1.3 HA doc from Redfone but some parts of that are rather odd

it says to create a partition on the primary, zip and decompress in the /replica folder and then delete and create soft links of the org.

I noticed an elastix - asterisk folder in /etc, My assumption is this also needs to go on the replica partition.

now, on the secondary side, it does not require you to do these softlinks? Thats incorrect right? I mean, if we flip over to the secondary, it would point to the default folders if we don't manually create softlinks

I would do this on 1.3, but it does not see my 250gig hard drive in the partition setup screen

Any thoughts or direction would be great as we are looking at rolling out a few setups but want / need full redundancy and the docs I seen thus far appear only for 1.3.

I had the drbd fully replicate the setup once, but when I turned off the primary, the secondary did not work. It didn't mount the drbd0 partition and the /replica did not exist on the secondary.

Regards

James