1.1 Centos install?

donhwyo

Hi
I am trying to do an install from the iso for centos. The install script fails. I am wondering what version of centos it is intended for. It does not say anywere I can find. I tried 5.2 for i386. I assume it is not 64 bit but may be an older version.

I did some hacking trying to follow the script, and got it installed but I have nothing under the pbx tab in the web interface. Any ideas?

I did a clean install of centos but I may try to add to an existing server if this works. The load on the existing server is light. Would that work or do I need to keep it stand alone? It would go on a AMD 3800X2 box with 2 gigs ram. What os and version is install by the stand alone iso?

I am hoping to use this instead of trixbox and am still testing.

Thanks,
Don

donhwyo

Has anyone else tried this? Did it work for you?

Thanks,
Don

rafael

The standalone version comes with Centos 5 as the base system. I would some testing with de the centos to Elastix tool on a fresh CentOS tool and see if I get the same error.

Regards,

Rafael

donhwyo

Thanks.

MarkosJal

Rafael,

To say CentOS 5 is about as vague as you could possibly be. Cent OS 5 refers to the current build, which may refer to 5.0, 5.1 or 5.2. If you go to download Cent OS 5 today you get 5.2 , however a few months ago one would get 5.1

I have been through these same issues and nowhere to I see the what Cent OS is used in the current release. IN fact I see a lot of confusion on this point EVERYWHERE and it needs some clarification as to what versions of what modules, centOS , FreePBX, etc, are included in what version of Elastix. Even the Wiki fails to provide it, and the Wiki is an unreliable source for someone who needs to do an installation and get it working. I have tried every available installation method I could find to install this on CentOS 5.2 and NONE worked. Clearly the developers of Elastix need to state this clearly

I suspect that the current release of Elastix is bundled with 5.1 , but I really have no way of confirming this for certain, and it may well be 5.0 . It is also noteworthy that neither Cent OS 5.1 , nor 5.0 are available for download presently. If you go to the directer where they should be there is a readme telling you to download 5 , and 5 takes you to 5.2

I could see various message with the various installations I attempted and I think most of the errors were a result of some file being newer than expected. This was eminently clear on the Yum install attempts.

PLEASE WAKE UP AND PROVIDE US THIS CRITICAL INFORMATION THAT I HAVE TRIED SO HARD TO GET FOR OVER ONE WEEK NOW!

rafael

The script does not work with CentOS 5.2, because Elastix is base on CentOS 5.1. The problem is due to the kernel version and some important packages that depend on the kernel version like zaptel. I believe that Elastix whould be build over the latest CentOS 5 version that is 5.2 and I am talking about that with the devel team.

Even the Wiki fails to provide it, and the Wiki is an unreliable source for someone who needs to do an installation and get it working.
Please help me with some FIXME tags on the wiki where you find errors. I would do my first efforts to correct does issues and I hope the community can help me with that. Remember that the wiki is open and any one can contribute with it.

Regards,

Rafael

donhwyo

Just a thought. Could the Elastix repo be added to yums repo list and do the install that way? If I can find a spare hard drive I may try that. Not ready to break my other server yet.

Not sure but I think yum update brought my iso install up to 5.2. How would I tell that? Maybe it was just a huge bunch of updates and still at 5.1

Thanks,
Don

willgsm

Hi Rafael, I also have the same problem when trying to do Centos to Elastix I have Centos 5.2 installed do you have a solution yet, please advice thanks.

donhwyo

Update.
yum did update to 5.2.

I did a yum install elastix on an xen instance and it appears to work. I had to force the kernel because it had a newer version. It has kernel panic on zaptel but I guess that is due to xen environment. I think it would work on a real hard drive.

Don

rafael

donhwyo said:
Update.
yum did update to 5.2.

I did a yum install elastix on an xen instance and it appears to work. I had to force the kernel because it had a newer version. It has kernel panic on zaptel but I guess that is due to xen environment. I think it would work on a real hard drive.

Don
The problem with Centos2Elastix is that CentOS 5.2 has a newer kernel version and zaptel modules are not compile for that version of the kernel. The next version might be base on CentOS 5.2 and that would give us the new kernel modules for the newer versions of the kernel.

Regards,

Rafael

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehdii_igi