0.9 Beta 2 issues - Bobs List

Discussion in 'General' started by Bob, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Bob

Bob

I currently have three systems running Freepbx 0.9 beta 2. This is done partly to remove the possibility of a "failed install", but also each one is a slightly different configuration in regards to hardware and purpose, again providing a bit of scope to catch and compare the errors.

I have a number of issues that I will document, but before I post each one I will check on all three systems as well as do a bit of ground work. If I can find a resolution, I will post it, otherwise, I will at least post what I have.

Regards
    Bob

2. Bob

Bob

Elastix Version: 0.9-beta 2
    Platform: Pentium 4 - TDM400B
    Platform: Pentium 4 - TE120P
    Platform: Pentium 4 - no Hardware/VoIP only
    Freepbx : version 2.3.1.0 Embedded (have untested with unembedded yet)
    Changes: No changes to installed System

Affected:
    Music On Hold Page
    System Recordings Page

Issue:
    On the Music On Hold Page the listing of files is not coming up on the page
    On the System recordings page, the *77 is missing from the Dial *77 (if you are using default feature codes)

Debugging Information:
    Both of these, I believe, relate to the same issue which is the handling/display of variables on the page. I have confirmed that they are correctly reading the variables at the start of the PHP page, but as then go into a related function, the variable appears to lose its value.

Resolution:(for Music Page Only)
    edgar wrote:
    The real problem is in the freePBX code. Please edit the file /var/www/html/admin/modules/music/page.music.php and after these lines:

if ($category == "default")
    $path_to_dir = $asterisk_conf['astvarlibdir']."/mohmp3"; //path to directory u want to read.
    else
    $path_to_dir = $asterisk_conf['astvarlibdir']."/mohmp3/$category"; //path to directory u want to read.

Add one additional line:

$GLOBALS['path_to_dir'] = $path_to_dir;

I think this is the line 29.

Anyway we'll fix this issue in the next release.<br><br>Post edited by: Bob, at: 2007/11/11 12:42

3. Bob

Bob

I have more coming, just need to qualify each one first. Also Admin, I have spoken about Forum reorganisation, which may take a bit of time, but can I recommend, that at least one extra heading be setup for Beta reports, maybe with heading under each for each beta release.

This will have the effect, that people do not report the same issue several times over (which I may have done), others can look for the issue relating to their release that they are working on, and people with genuine Stable installation issues, can find what they are after, whereas you can see at the moment, the installation heading has posts relating to various versions, and for the new user, they may be scared off what is a great product with a great future.

Regards
    Bob

4. Bob

Bob

Freepbx : version 2.3.1.0 Embedded
    Browser: Firefox 2.09

Affected:
    System Recordings Page

Issue:
    On the System recordings page, the *77 is missing from the Dial *77 (if you are using default feature codes)

Debugging Information:
    I though it might be related to the MOH issue, but does not appear to be so. The issue is related to the handling/display of variables on the page. I have confirmed that they are correctly reading the variables at the start of the PHP page, but as then go into a related function, the variable appears to lose its value.

Resolution:
    Not known yet, I am posting first due to the imminent release of 0.90 stable<br><br>Post edited by: Bob, at: 2007/11/11 12:31

5. Bob

Bob

Affected:
    General Page

Confirmed Issue:
    On all four systems above

Issue:
    When making changes to the General Page, pressing the RED Reload bar, comes up with a Browser Error (e.g. Page not found)

Debugging Information:

After editing any field (in this case Number of Seconds to ring). Pressed Submit and then pressed on the RED Reload Bar

The page comes up with an error:
    (Address Bar) https://172.22.22.203/config.php&handler=reload
    (Page)
    Not Found
    The requested URL /config.php&handler=reload was not found on this server.

Reenter 172.22.22.203 (no other option to get back)

Red bar appears, click on it to at least submit last changes and the following page comes up

(address bar)https://172.22.22.203/&handler=reload
    (page)
    Not Found
    The requested URL /&handler=reload was not found on this server.

Temporary Resolution

After the error goto 172.22.22.203 but click on Asterisk CLI, then click on PBX Configuration, press on the RED Reload bar and correctly works

Resolution:
    Not known yet, I am posting first due to the imminent release of 0.90 stable<br><br>Post edited by: Bob, at: 2007/11/11 12:32

6. Bob

Bob

Affected:
    Operator Panel
    All 3 machines with ZAP channels (e.g. Not Pure VoIP PBX)

Issue:
    ZAP Channels not showing at all

Debugging Information:
    Had a quick look at config file. No Zap channels are written to the config file. Have not looked to see where the file is written from....

Resolution:
    Not known yet, I am posting first due to the imminent release of 0.90 stable<br><br>Post edited by: Bob, at: 2007/11/11 12:37

7. Bob

Bob

Phone Hardware : Aastra 9133i, Grandstream GXP2000

Affected:
    Almost any brand of phone connected to Elastix

Issue:
    Sometimes immediately after Asterisk PBX bootup or several days later after performing transfers, cannot call extensions internally, cannot transfer, phone doesn't ring on incoming calls.

Debugging Information:
    In the CLI, phones are showing as Extension State 16. Asterisk recognises the phone as Busy, when it is in fact idle. Restart of Asterisk corrects the issue, until one by one they end up busy again.

Resolution: (not yet confirmed by Elastix Developers)
    It appears that Asterisk 1.4.13 has a bug that has been recently recognised. A diff file exists to correct the issue for those so inclined to recompile Asterisk. For others a temporary fix is to jump into your sip.conf and turn the notifyhold=yes to notifyhold=no until the next release of Asterisk. The fix is in the SVN tree waiting to be added to the next release (1.4.14???).

8. ramoncio

Thank you for such a nice, structured and detailed information.
    I hope developers will take note of all this issues for 0.9 release.
    The fop issues are quite severe.

9. Bob

Bob

ramoncio,

Thank you for your comments. I hope it makes it easy for the Developers to read, and from indications, I believe they were reading them.

Having been from a Software Change Control background, I recognise the need to reasonable documentation, to make it easier for developers, and also for others reading to confirm the issue is exactly the same as the one they may be experiencing.

It takes longer, but I would prefer to do it this way (at least until the bug trac system is online...;)

Regards

Bob