After the release of Elastix 5 beta and news about change of engine telephony from Asterisk®* to 3CX, we would like to introduce you new functionalities in Elastix 5 trough a blog post series.
This time we’re talking about:
- WebRTC videoconference
- Desktop Softphones
- Smartphone clients
What is WebRTC?
Free Video Conferencing with WebRTC
Elastix 5 incorporates this technology enabling companies of all sizes to take advantage of video conferencing with an advanced and online collaboration tool, which can deliver crystal clear voice calls, HD Video conferencing and real-time file sharing and collaboration.
Being integrated with Elastix 5 in addition to its rich feature-set and user-friendliness, improves employees’ productivity and collaboration while its WebRTC integration and web-based functionality ensures incredible ease of use. With unlimited users you avoid the unprofessional and inefficient account sharing of a third party service. 5 simultaneous participants are included in the FREE Edition.
Some advantages of having WebRTX-based videoconferencing in Elastix 5
- No need for adittional client or plugin
- One-Click Conferences
- Bandwith management and Control
- Unlimited users regardless edition
- No monthly costs
- Remote control and assistance for quick & easy troubleshooting
- Pre-upload PowerPoint & PDFs for crisp, responsive delivery
- Ability to record session and convert webinars to videos
- Easy to use polling tool for feedback
VoIP clients for Android and iOS
Because Elastix 5 is now powered by 3CX, the amount of extensions are unlimited just like softphones, whether for desktop, Windows or Mac; The VoIP client for smartphones, Android or iOS. This eliminates the need to use a third-party application and in case of higher issues, invest in a client / softphone that can handle the G729 codec.
It is configured out of the box with defense mechanisms against SIP hackers; all out-of-network calls are made through a secure tunnel, avoiding the cumbersome configurations of VPN servers and / or exposing the PBX to the Internet and therefore to possible malicious attacks.
Whether desktop softphones or smartphone clients, they are provisioned automatically from the 3CX management console; users receive an email with the configuration and in less than a minute they’re ready to make or receive calls, either via WiFi or 3G.
Resuming the benefits of have an easily to manage VoIP Client in Elastix 5
- Softphones for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android
- No additional licence fee for softphones
- Push Notifications on Android and iOS
- Built-in secure tunnel to avoid NAT, Firewall, problemas or one-way audio
- SIP forking – use all clients simultaneously
- Remote Email Settings
- Instant messaging / chat
- CRM integration for desktop clients
- CTI desktop mode
- Calls via WiFi or 3G / 4G
Download Elastix 5 and start using the most secure and feature rich VoIP PBX on the market. The Free Edition includes an 8 Simultaneous Call licence, 5 web conferencing participants and 1 SIP Trunk. We are open to hear your suggestions and feedback.
* Asterisk® is a Registered Trademark of Sangoma Technologies. This trademark is not affiliated with 3CX, its products, or its websites. Sangoma Technologies is not the source of, and does not sponsor or endorse, the products/services promoted here. 3CX is not associated with or sponsored by Sangoma Technologies. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.