As part of the blog post series talking about new features in Elastix 5 Beta and the news concerning the change of telephony engine from Asterisk®* to 3CX, in this second post we will talk about:
- Management console (phone provisioning and firmware update)
3CX telephony engine that powers Elastix 5 instead of Asterisk® is configured reliably out of the box against VoIP hacking. With an inbuilt tunnel to avoid remote firewall issues, calling from over 3G or from any Wifi hotspot is extremely reliable.
The 3CX Tunnel combines all SIP (signalling) and RTP (media) VoIP Packets from one location and delivers them to and from another location (typically the PBX Server) using a custom TCP protocol. This simple concept allows 3CX to overcome firewall or telecom provider issues, NAT problems (one-way audio) and avoids incur cost when hiring a networking expert.
Using 3CX Tunnel allow us important benefits as:
- Mobility, use your extension from anywhere
- Extension deployment for remote users
- Presence of colleagues and instant messaging / chat trough softphones and clients
- Connect remote offices with bridges and eliminate interoffice call charges
- SBC without cost allowing to register multiple remote extensions instead of a PBX per location
Elastix 5 provides an easy way to control and manage your phones and softphones in your network, making the system truly Zero Admin. Connect an IP Phone or Gateway to your network and 3CX will configure them automatically, saving you many hours of setup time and removing the learning curve.
You can manage your IP Phones from within the Management Console, easily deploy clients for smartphones via email, while software updates are automatic, eliminating help desk calls.
Installing on the cloud
With Debian-based Elastix 5, install on premise or Cloud, you can leverage your existing servers by virtualizing with Hyper V or VMware. Easily deploy in the cloud on any Linux VPS from Google Cloud, OVH and many more with our cloud install scripts, either one instance or multiple to different clients separately, eliminating the need for a multi-tenant system.
Download Elastix 5 and start using the most secure and feature rich VoIP PBX on the market. The Free Edition includes an 8 Simultaneous Call licence, 5 web conferencing participants and 1 SIP Trunk. We are open to hear your suggestions and feedback.
* Asterisk® is a Registered Trademark of Sangoma Technologies. This trademark is not affiliated with 3CX, its products, or its websites. Sangoma Technologies is not the source of, and does not sponsor or endorse, the products/services promoted here. 3CX is not associated with or sponsored by Sangoma Technologies. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.