You asked for it! So here it is, we’re more than happy to announce the integration between Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM and Elastix!
Out of the box, Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Elastix can be integrated from the Management Console without writing a complicated script, having to do anything on your clients or downloading a plugin. With this CRM integration, when a call comes in, the web client will show the contact name and a link icon to the corresponding contact in the CRM. So, how do you get started? Just follow the steps below.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Integration (Online)
- Login to your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Online account, go to Azure Portal > Azure Active Directory > App registrations > New application registration and create the app that will be used for authentication.
- Enter “3CX Server Side” for the Name, Select “Native” for the Application type, and enter “https://MY_URL/api/oauth2crm” for the Redirect URI, where you need to replace MY_URL with the URL you use to access the Managemente Console and click on Create.
- Take note of the Application ID, as we will need it on a second stage.
- Click on Settings > Required permissions > Add.
- Click on “Select an API”, choose the Dynamics CRM Online API and click the Select button.
- Check all the permissions from the following screen and press the Select button.
- The application is created and ready to use. However, there is one additional step we need to perform, in order to get the Tenant ID, which will be needed later. Go to Azure Active Directory > App registrations > and click the Endpoints button.
- From any endpoint, take note of the Tenant part. For example, the “OAUTH 2.0 AUTHORIZATION ENDPOINT” looks like this: https://login.microsoftonline.com/dedc4ebb-183f-42e2-9192-92eb425a027d/oauth2/authorize
- The Tenant ID in that case is “dedc4ebb-183f-42e2-9192-92eb425a027d”.
CRM Server Side Integration
- Go to Management Console > Settings > CRM Integration > Server Side tab.
- Select Microsoft Dynamics 365 from the dropdown list.
- Enter the values for the Application ID and Tenant, taken from the previous steps and the URL you use to access your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Online account.
- Authorize access to the app we’ve just created.
- Setup is ready, press OK to save the changes.
- You can test the integration using the Test button at the top of this configuration page.