Office 365 is one of the most popular tools used around the world and Elastix, starting from its Standard Edition, offers out-of-box integration with this platform. This integration is specially useful to helps users increase their productivity, save several time on tedious administration task such as saving contacts manually into their phonebook and keep track of calls records with customers.
The plugin to integrate Office 365 with Elastix was developed to automatically open a customer record in Office 365 when receiving an incoming call, create a new contact if the inbound caller ID is not found and save the call information in the contact’s notes.
This configuration literally takes a few minutes, we have prepared a demonstration video and a small step by step guide showing the simple procedure to do so.
Deployment from the Management Console
- Inside the Management Console, you need to download the plugin from the Updates tab. Navigate to “Settings” > “CRM Integration” page and click on Available CRM Integrations.
- Select Office 365 from the dropdown menu and click on Download.
- Now we need to assign the integration to an extension. Go to Extensions, select the desired extension and click on Edit. After that navigate to the integration tab. Enable the integration and select Office 365. (Repeat this step with each extension needed it to be set with this integration).
- Once you have finished with the extensions, the integration will be received in every provisioned desktop client.
Configuring the Desktop Client
In order to deploy this integration, it’s necessary to configure the desktop client of every extension configured on previous steps.
- Go to Settings and then Advanced Settings in the client for Windows
- Press on Office 365 and fill in the Login Information section with your email address and password of your Office 365 account.
- Below at the Contact Lookup section you can specify if you want to open a contact record in your default browser, or choose to open it with your preferred browser.
- Click on Save
And that’s it, it literally takes less than 5 minutes to have everything working!
Inside the module settings it is possible to configure the behavior when an inbound call arrives, including the number of digits to match from the Caller ID and enable journaling to keep a track of your calling history.