Elastix Certified Engineer
The ECE course is a five-day training that provides Elastix® administrators and integrators, with advanced knowledge and skills to design IP telephony Implementations, create distributed dial plans for large organization and solve common problems.
This course is part of the training for ECE Certification.
This course has a total of 36 hours of training. Classes begin around 9:00 am each day and extend to 5:00 pm depending on the activity and pace of the instructor and class. Sometimes classes extend when students consult and participate with enthusiasm.
The fifth day classes run to 1:00 pm approximately. The certification exam is taken after completion of training and lasts two hours.
This course has a total of 14 theoretical chapters and 12 practices, all of them aimed to dominate the day-to-day operation of advanced communications.
Diagnostic and Troubleshooting
Telephony and Hardware
Elastix: Advanced Configuration
Complementary Features And Aditional Modules
High Available And Virtualization
Performance And Dimensioning
Basic Security And Recommended Practices
|Lab 1: Basic Configuration
Lab 2: Endpoint
Lab 3: Asterisk
Lab 4: SIP / IAX/ RTP Protocols
Lab 5: Basic Diagnostics
Lab 6: Asterisk AGI-AMI
Lab 8:Telephony and Hardware
Lab 9: Advanced Configuration
Lab 10: Voice Quality
Lab 11: Complementary Features and adittional Modules
Lab 13: Performance and Dimensioning
Lab 14: Security
Each attendee will receive the following materials:
- A telephony card
- An IP telephone
- Elastix Unified Communications Vol.1
- Elastix Unified Communications Vol.2
- A Backpack
- An Elastix cap
- An Elastix polo shirt
- Support material for Labs and classes
Consult with your Certified Testing Center for a complete list of additional materials.
ECE - Requirements
To enter this course, the student must complete the following requirements:
- To pass the Elastix 1O1 Exam
- Linux basic knowledge
There is Linux training available on several countries. The student must complete the following list as a minimum requirement:
- Command Line (Basic)
- File System
- Editing text files in linux, emacs, vim, vi etc.
- Search of files using find and locate
- Permission assignment to files and directories
- Ownership change of files and directories
- Network Concepts in GNU/Linux - Basic network Commands
- Package management: sources, rpm & yum
The ECE certification (Elastix Certified Engineer) is part of this course. This certification is performed at the end of the training on the testing center facilities. Please note that taking this course does not guarantee that you will pass the ECE exam.
Sign up now and be a part of the select group of Elastix® Certified Professionals
Important notes about the Certification
- The training and official certification material is the textbook: Unified Communications with Elastix Vol.1 and Vol.2
- You can find a free publication at: www.elastixbook.com
- Taking the course does not guarantee that the attendee will pass the Certification exam.
- The training is an important tool to prepare the student but it is important to review the material, prior and during the course.
- The attendee can take the exam at the end of the training.
- The value of the certification exam is included on the price of this course.
- If the attendee fails he has one additional chance to take the exam and it will have to be scheduled for another date.
- All second attempts have a fee.
- All re-scheduled attempts have a fee.
- If the attendee cannot take the exam at the end of the training, his/her attempt will be re-scheduled.
- The Certification test can be taken only at the end of the training or at any Elastix Certified Testing Center.
- It is not the responsibility of Elastix or the Testing Center if the attendee fails the certification exam.
"There is a clear integration between Elastix and Aastra. It's very easy to configure Aastra IP phone features such as BLFs, Paging, Intercom and Direct Call Pick Up, directly from the intuitive Elastix interface. These are all features expected of any enterprise grade VoIP environment"
Latin America Sales