Transfer and Time Out options

Discussion in 'General' started by DrVoIP, Feb 8, 2012.

1. DrVoIP

Version 2.3

I am trying to create a solution to have a call transferred to a predefined Extension, other IVR script or an external phone number. Has anyone accomplished this?

Ideally hitting the MainGreeting, I would want to transfer the call to another IVR script on time out. "Push 1 for this and 2 for that, or stay on the line and be transferred :blush: to the next available staff member (this would be an extension or another ivr script).

I also note that I can seem to get the Press 1 Vmx locator to transfer a call to a cell phone?

Any experience with these options?

2. soborno

Sorry if I mention the obvious, but can´t you accomplished that with the 't' option in the IVR, if none of the other options are dialed, it goes to a failover destination.

Regards,
    Claudio

3. DrVoIP

Soborno - You may very well be correct, but I do not see where you configure the t value to point to a default location through the GUI. Is this a command line configuration option?

4. soborno

Dr.,
    You can put a 't' in the field when you normally put the number to dial in the IVR (the ones that says "Leave blank to remove") in the Web GUI

Regards,
    Claudio

5. Bob

Bob

Dr VoIP,

+ 1 as per Soborno's last answer, it should achieve what you are after...

the "t" in the box, should allow you to select where the call goes when it times out. I use this option on 50% of IVR's where they want it to go to a operator.

Useful when DTMF has failed (e.g. they have a poor line,)...

Regards

Bob

6. DrVoIP

Re: Transfer and Time Out options, BLA

Thank you Bob and Soborno - It just shows you how inexperienced I am working with this product. I saw the field with the t already in in, but never thought to put an extension number in that same field? Duh......

Thank you, your Karma rises yet again!

Have we had any luck with Bridged Line Appearances? Getting a line to appear on two different phones? Answer it on one, put in on hold, pick it up on another?

Any way to create call profile values in which you could pass a value, say the content of a callers touch tone input ("please enter your subscription number") or the CID value to a SQL query and return a value that could be displayed on an agents phone?

Just trying to find the edges of this envelope!

7. soborno

Dr,
    For bridged line, you can use ring groups or queues ,and use call parking for the 'pick it up on another..' part.

For the rest, not to simple to look at.

Regards,
    Claudio

8. Bob

Bob

Dr VoiP

+1 on Soborno's answer again, Call Parking is about as close as you will get. It is further enhanced by using an IP Phone that can support the Call Parking on the Aux Consoles. With many of the clients that want this feature, they are generally satisified with having the call parking indicators on the console. It shows up when a call is parked, and they can still yell out (or page), "john, call for you on line 1"
    Line 1 one the phones that have the Aux console, is marked as Line 1, and they just pickup a phone anywhere and press that button to take the call. Those who have no console (e.g. analog phones in the Warehouse), know that they dial 71 to pickup the call...generally works well if documented and explained to the client.

I don't think that there is an easy solution based on most of the phone models around at the moment.

Another way of looking at it is that it could be done using a display tray application on the persons PC, and a macro/script on the Elastix system passing the details to that application on the PC.

Alternatively, based on what I have read of Digiums new IP Phone, its possible I believe to display that information on that phone as its display can be programmed to display what you want. So all you need then is a Macro to pass the information to that phone. Just to provide some confidence that it could be done, a similar "macro" already exists in Freepbx (Privacy Manager), which gets the user to enter their phone number.
    It would probably entail you getting someone to write it, (e.g. Web Based Freelancers), but I don't see it being a big project...and something someone who has done it before, could put it together within the week.

Regards

Bob

9. DrVoIP

Interestingly, doing further research I find that a BLA or key system capability is very doable in Astrisk in General and Elastix in particular. In fact, if you CAT sla.conf you will see the complete outline of a BLA functionality. In the Asterisk the Definitive guide there is a chapter on this implementation. You can set up a simple key system like capability in which LINE 1 appears on multiple phones, illiminates the correct color when in use by any phone that has the appearance an even winks and blinks on hold. I know there just had to be a way. It was originally started in Verion 1.4 but is not a full fledge Context in 1.8.

10. Amphibian

DrVoip,

I know this has been a while but by chance do you or are you using this method under Version 2.5....?

Thanks,

amphibian

11. Emmanuel Bond

Hi Bob and Soborno,
    I was searching through the forum when I came across this post from DrVoip. I have a similar challenge and I'll to ask a follow up question. Is it possible to add more than one failover IVRs by adding more "t" options ?