Multiple phone numbers with one provider

Discussion in 'Trunks' started by matspi, Oct 9, 2017.

1. matspi

Hi,

I have a question regarding the one trunk limitation of the free edition:

I have 5 different phone numbers at the same provider. Each number has to be registered separately. I.e. a SIP REGISTER has to be sent for each of the 5 numbers.
    Is this setup possible with the free edition or would this mean 5 trunks and thus it is not possible to use the free edition?

Thanks
    Matthias

2. AJP

AJP
    Staff Member

Hi Matthias!

Wit the free edition you can have one SIP trunk, but using that SIP trunk you can add the DIDs that you have associated to the SIP trunk.

But you mentioned that: "Each number has to be registered separately."

So it means you need 5 SIP trunks, I guess that each number has different register parameters.

Best regards!

3. matspi

Yes, basically the phone number is part of the register parameters. I guess this means, that I cannot use the free version.
    Too bad. But thanks anyway.

4. pbx.elastix_teleweb

En mi opinion, si los numeros de esas cabeceras son del mismo provvedor, el proveedor, podria apuntar todas las cabaceras a un mismo usuario sip de registro, y asi de ese modo, todos los numeros entrarian por el mismo SIP, y usted, con el DID haria el resto de ruteo...

Cordial Saludo...

5. AJP

AJP
    Staff Member

Hi @matspi,

You can ask your provider to only have one account for registering the SIP trunk, and with that account manage the 5 DIDs.

However if you only wish to have the 5 DID separately then, you would need more than 1 Sip trunk...

Have a great day!