Cisco CP-7821

Discussion in 'IP Phones' started by samnasser, Nov 17, 2017.

1. samnasser

Hi there,
    i'm new to SIP, IP telephony. my organization abandond cisco infrastructure and moved to elastix 2.5. i have plenty of CP-7821 phones. but i cant figure out how to connect them to elastix server.

here is what i have done so far:
    1. installed a virtual machine, elastix 2.5 and configured basic settings
    2. create a dhcp and applied the mac address of the phone
    3. created an extension
    the problem is that the phone is keep telling me (phone not registered). when i go to the network settings i find that it took an ip from the dhcp as i gave it, and tftp is the ip of my elastix server (so everything is yet good so far)

i asked a friend and told me that i should put the 7821 SIP files in the tftp boot. i went to Cisco and downloaded the files, but they are different that the ones in tftpboot folder (no XML, no CNF, no anything), just SBN files and sip78xx.10-1-1-9.loads ...

can anyone please give me detailed instruction on how to connect the 7821 cisco phones to elastix? i googled for two days with no specific instruction, and on YouTube they have video for older models and different methodologies.

help ASAP please.

2. pbx.elastix_teleweb

Buenos dias.

Primera observacion, tenga encuenta que los telefonos son de tecnologia propietario a si que provisionarlos es como caer, antes de saltar.

Yo haria lo siguiente.
    en un ambiente controlado, colocar de fabrica el cisco, y configurar la extension prueba, hasta que el telefono indique que esta registrado, y el elastix indique que esta registrado.

Cuando ya. ya sabria que necesia, para hace la provision del telefono, y que si, y que no le servira de la plantilla.

3. samnasser

english please !!!
    i want detailed instruction, where where firmware can be downloaded from (xml, cnf), and what to do exactly